Environmental problems are too big for individuals to solve. Only politicians can make a difference. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Environmental problems are too big for individuals to solve. Only politicians can make a difference. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

• Cherylcx
    University: Zhejiang Wanli University
    Nationality: China
    December 8, 2020 at 6:31 am

Environmental problems are too big for individuals to solve. Only politicians can make a difference. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Since the industrial revolution, human activities have made great influence on the environment, causing problems such as climate change, soil erosion and desertification. Some people hold the view that addressing environmental problems, is considered as the only responsibility for politicians rather than individuals. As far as I am concerned, I totally disagree with this idea. As the earth is the home to all of us, everyone who lives in this planet has the obligation to protect it.

First and foremost, as for individuals, actions of protecting the environment should be practiced in our daily life. There are a lot of methods that we can make influence to the world. For instance, it can be effective to reduce carbon dioxide emission if an increasing number of people commute by public transportation rather than private cars. And the practice of waste resorting can also serve as a way not only to prevent pollution caused by harmful chemical elements such as batteries, plastics, but also recycle useful materials for reproduction. In addition, from the perspective of industries, only the treated sewage water can be drained into river in order to prevent water pollution. No matter how small the action people do, it can exert its impact on improving the environment.

What’s more, it is acknowledged that authority is indispensable in dealing with environment issues. In terms of politicians, it is important to make regulations of environmental protection for individuals and companies, such as waste resorting, the standard of discharging industrial waste, the fine of chopping trees and so on. Apart from that, the advocacy of a green lifestyle is also effective to urge people to protect the environment. Responding to the call of governments, people are more willing to practice such kind of lifestyle consciously.

Living in a community with a shared future, protecting our planet is the responsibility of all people. Through joint efforts made by the whole society, I ensure that we can build a more environmental-friendly world.

December 12, 2020 at 9:54 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 40% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 20% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.