For success in school and work, the ability to adapt or adjust to a changing condition or circumstance is more important than having excellent knowledge of a job or a field to study.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing For success in school and work, the ability to adapt or adjust to a changing condition or circumstance is more important than having excellent knowledge of a job or a field to study.

• huarq28
    University: the University of Hong Kong
    Nationality: Chinese
    December 21, 2019 at 3:28 am

For success in school and work, the ability to adapt or adjust to a changing condition or circumstance is more important than having excellent knowledge of a job or a field to study.

When it comes to success, people share different opinions on its definition. Many people believe that success in school and work means getting good grades, defeating others or making more money. Since having excellent knowledge of a job or a field to study enables us to do a good job in daily tasks, they argued that excellent knowledge is always the most important. However, I believe success is nothing but seizing the opportunities and becoming the best of you, both of which require good adaptability. Thus, as far as I am concerned, the ability to adapt or adjust to a changing condition is what a successful person needs the most.

Primarily, being able to adapt to the changing conditions means being able to find and catch precious opportunities. Admittedly, all works in daily life require us to have a good command of related knowledge. However, it doesn’t mean we always have to have excellent knowledge before we can achieve success. Sometimes a bit knowledge is already enough for future success but the ability to adjust is always a must for success. Take Jack Ma as an example. Before Jack Ma decided to join the e-commerce industry, he knew little about the knowledge related to this field. Nevertheless, Ma was long-sighted. He found potentials in the e-commerce industry and he knew well to catch opportunities and adapt to the changing world. That’s why he can eventually achieve huge success. Jack Ma can acquire the necessary knowledge on commerce and technology all his life, but there may be only one chance for him to join the industry. Therefore, the ability to adjust quickly to a changing circumstance is more important than excellent knowledge.

Additionally, only when one knows how to adjust to the current circumstance can he knows how to make the best out of the current resources. It is well said that we cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sail. A man who knows how to keep himself on the right track and find his way to come over different situations has already won half the battle. For example, last year I was required to participate in a competition where I needed to do a project on biology, which I wasn’t good at, and worked in an unfamiliar environment. Despite all the difficulty I met, I soon adapted to the new environment and started to work with people around. By consulting different people and professional experts, I knew where to start and how to do. In the end, though I still wasn’t proficient in biology, my ability to adapt enabled me to get a nice result.

In a nutshell, rather than excellent knowledge, the most important character for success is the ability to adapt to the changing environment. This ability teaches us how to understand the environment and need and how to implement best of the current best ideas and actions. Success is measured with what we have and what we achieved. Hence the adaptability is the most essential quality that help us achieve success.

January 14, 2020 at 10:41 pm

Score: 52.4

Issues:

1. The optimal length of a TOEFL essay is 280-320 words. Shorten your essay to 320- words;
    2. Restrict each paragraph within 90 words;
    3. More than 40% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    4. More than 20% of the sentences are passive. Convert them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.