Formal education tends to restrain our minds and spirits rather than set them free.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. GRE Writing Formal education tends to restrain our minds and spirits rather than set them free.

• stamford
    University: Sichuan University
    Nationality: China
    January 26, 2021 at 7:50 am

Formal education tends to restrain our minds and spirits rather than set them free.

Although I agree that formal education essentially has the tendency to confine students minds and spirits, the statement undervalues the complication of formal education when it comes to different statements.On balance, I agree that formal education tend to restrain our minds and spirits, but not always, meanwhile not the only cause of the stale minds and spirits.

One reason for my fundamental agreement with the claim is the essence of the formal education. Everyone in the society is a unique individual, means he or she has unique advantages and ambitions towards some areas, at the same time has disadvantages or feels loath in other areas. However, the formal education is contrived to make sure teaching most of the people in the most feasible way, which means an economical, formulaic mode. After all, the essence of the education is a system that suitable the many, not a project satisfies everyone’s different require and interest.

Moreover, from the standpoint of government, it is more tempting to agree with the claim. What if everyone has his or her own attitude toward the policies, different from others? What if when government needs to move on a program based on the fiscal expenditure but the taxpayers can not come to a conciliation? Policymakers actually have the motives to restrain people’s minds and spirits, and using the formal education as tool also make sense.

Notwithstanding, the claim overlooks the activeness of teachers that set students free during the education in reality. Admittedly, teachers’ wishes to set their students free in minds and spirits don’ t mean the system of formal education itself also has such tendency. However, actually we should see the formal education an unremittingly developing one, but not an offish, established one that dismisses what practitioners think. After all, no one expects our children to become a group of machines that share the same minds and spirits.

The claim amounts to an overstatement that the formal education is the only reason why students find them restrained in minds and spirits. The implicit rationale behind the claim seems to be that we should just blame the formal education if we find students’ minds and spirits are not free. Indeed, social environment, family education and the unique experience of different students also play an important role in modeling the minds and spirits of them. Meanwhile, considering that world nowadays is connected by internet and social media, most of us actually watch the same news, after that share the same, at least approximate attitudes towards them, we can conclude that such things will also make our minds and spirits same, seems like we are “restrained”. It is unfair just ascribe such a phenomenon to the formal education.

In sum, as for the broader assertion, I can show how it accurate in some statements, nevertheless the claim can not explain directly in other statements. In the final analysis, I fundamentally agree with the assertion at the same time begs to differ in different and concrete circumstances.

January 27, 2021 at 10:20 pm

Invalid. Complete the revision of your first essay prior to submitting another.