Government should spend more money in support of arts rather than athletics such as state-sponsored teams.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Government should spend more money in support of arts rather than athletics such as state-sponsored teams.

• flgeorge2014
    University: Guangzhou University
    Nationality: Chinese
    May 14, 2022 at 10:35 am

Government should spend more money in support of arts rather than athletics such as state-sponsored teams.

Some people think that the resources spent on supporting the arts should be more than supporting athletes. I disagree with this view.

It is true that governments should spend money in support of the arts. Although learning about the arts can expand our horizons and deepen our understanding of our heritages, most people cannot afford them. For example, instead of visiting exhibitions in museums, many people would choose to spend money on food and housing. It makes it necessary for governments to provide subsidies to people who participate in artistic activities.

However, I think governments should spend more money on helping athletics. By promoting physical activities, people would be more likely to  exercise regularly. Therefore, the country will have a healthier workforce, and less stressful health care system. For instance, more Chinese people started to play basketball in their free time after the state-sponsored basketball team won the championship several years ago. By contrast, most people do not need drawing and painting skills when they enter the job market, and these artistic skills do not have a significant impact on people’s health.

Moreover, team sports require cooperation among team members, it helps people to build a sense of belonging and a sense of community. People can also improve their communication and teamwork skills, which are very useful nowadays. Furthermore, team sports help people to make new friends, such as football and baseball. By contrast, many artistic activities should be done by oneself, such as playing piano.

In conclusion, while I accept that governments need to spend some resources on supporting the arts, I believe that we should spend more money on helping athletes than artists.

May 15, 2022 at 3:50 pm

Fix issues suggested on screenshot reviews and then submit your revised essay.

flgeorge2014
    May 16, 2022 at 3:18 pm

Some people think that the resources spent on supporting the arts should be more than supporting athletes. I disagree with this view.

It is true that governments should spend money in support of the arts. Although learning about the arts can expand our horizons and deepen our understanding of our heritages, most people cannot afford them. For example, instead of visiting exhibitions in museums, many people would choose to spend money on food and housing. It makes it necessary for governments to provide subsidies to people who participate in artistic activities.

However, I think governments should spend more money on helping athletics. By promoting physical activities, people would be more likely to exercise regularly. Therefore, the citizens will be healthier in the country. Burdens on the health care system will also be reduced. For instance, more Chinese people started to play basketball in their free time after the state-sponsored basketball team won the championship several years ago. By contrast, most people do not need drawing and painting skills when they enter the job market, and these artistic skills have not a significant impact on people’s health.

Moreover, team sports require cooperation among team members, they help people build a sense of belonging and a sense of community. People can also improve their communication and teamwork skills, which are useful skills nowadays. Furthermore, team sports help people make new friends, such as football and baseball. By contrast, many artistic activities should be done by oneself, such as playing pianos.

In conclusion, while I accept that governments need to spend some resources on supporting the arts, I believe that we should spend more money on helping athletes than artists.

May 20, 2022 at 1:00 pm

Some people think that the [  public ]resources spent on supporting the arts should be more than[ those  ] supporting athletes. [ With respect,  ]I disagree with this view.

It is true that governments should spend money in support of the arts. Although learning about the arts can expand our horizons and deepen our understanding of our heritages[ word form error  ], most people cannot afford them[unclear pronoun   ]. For example, instead of visiting exhibitions in museums, many people would choose to spend money on food and housing.[ Incoherence between sentences  ] It[unclear pronoun   ] makes it necessary for governments to provide subsidies to people who participate [participating   ]in artistic activities.

However, I think governments should spend more money on helping[promoting/ help people…   ] athletics. By promoting physical activities, [ dangling/  Doing…., people  ]people would be more likely to exercise regularly. Therefore, the citizens will be[ become..use a concrete verb to replace a BE verb  ] healthier in the country.[missing transitory word   ] Burdens on the health care system will also be reduced[unnecessary passive   ]. For instance, more Chinese people started to play basketball in their free time after the state-sponsored basketball team [ had  ]won the championship several years ago. By contrast, most people do not need drawing and painting skills when they enter the job market, and these artistic skills have not a significant impact on [are irrelevant to   ]people’s health.

Moreover, team sports require cooperation among team members, [ punctuation error  ]they[ unclear pronoun.. could be sports or members  ] help people build a sense[senses   ] of belonging and a sense of community. People can also improve their communication and teamwork skills [ that have practical implications.  ], which are useful skills nowadays. Furthermore, team sports help people make new friends, such as[ misplaced. Team sports, such as football and baseball,   ] football and baseball. By contrast, many artistic activities should[can   ] be done by oneself, such as playing pianos[ word form error  ].

May 20, 2022 at 1:12 pm

Final revision

flgeorge2014
    May 21, 2022 at 3:55 am

Thank you very much.

Some people think that public resources spent on supporting the arts should be more than those supporting athletes. With respect, I disagree with this view.

It is true that governments should spend money in support of the arts. Although learning about arts can expand our horizons and deepen our understanding of our heritage, most people cannot afford tuition of learning arts. For example, instead of choosing to spend on exhibitions, many people tend to choose to spend money on food and housing. Therefore, it is necessary for governments to provide subsidies to people participating in artistic activities.

However, I think governments should spend more money on promoting athletics. By doing physical activities, people would be more likely to exercise regularly. Therefore, citizens will become healthier in the country. Also, burdens on the health care system will reduce. For instance, more Chinese people started to play basketball in their free time after the state-sponsored basketball team had won the championship several years ago. By contrast, most people do not need drawing and painting skills when they enter the job market, and these artistic skills are irrelevant to people’s health.

Moreover, team sports require cooperation among team members, cooperation helps people to build a senses of belonging and community. People can also improve their communication and teamwork skills that have practical implications. Furthermore, team sports, such as football and basketball, help people to make new friends. By contrast, many artistic activities can be done by oneself.

May 21, 2022 at 3:03 pm

I don’t work on essays after ‘final revision.’ Please submit another essay.