Governments should spend more money in support of arts than in support of athletics such as state-sponsored Olympic teams.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Governments should spend more money in support of arts than in support of athletics such as state-sponsored Olympic teams.

• zqk
    University: Northeastern University
    Nationality: China
    November 11, 2019 at 8:04 am

TOEFL Writing Topic: Governments should spend more money in support of arts than in support of athletics such as state-sponsored Olympic teams.

With the development of the art of our country, some people propose that government should spend more money in support of the arts than in support of athletics. Personally speaking, I disagree with this proposal.

First of all, supporting athletics is a better way to improve the confidence of our country. Compared to arts, athletics needs player spend much more efforts and time to win matches. Therefore, winning in a difficult match would inspire the emotion of people, which has a great influence on our country. I still remember our football team won the game and got access to the World Cup in 2002. People were so excited that could not claim down after one week. This great achievement stimulated the patriotism which is beneficial for our country.

Additionally, supporting athletics could also set good examples for our people to do exercise and keep health. By supporting athletics such as Olympic teams, government could make people to improve their physical quality. When people see these healthy athletes, they may admire them and play the same athletics as the athletes, which is helpful for their health. It is necessary for not only people but also country. For our country, higher national physical qualities could make more contribution to the country. For citizen, a health body is helpful to work and live.

Last but not least, although art also plays a important role in our country, ordinary people have much money to develop in art. For example, people need to pay much money to learn painting if they want to be painter. On the contrary, they just need to go to the playground to play with others if they want to play basketball. The cost of art is much higher than that of athletics.

All in all, compared to art, athletics is much important to our country and citizen. Therefore, I disagree with the proposal that governments should spend much more money on art.

November 13, 2019 at 3:41 am

Score: Unscored.

I will not work on this essay unless you finish the revision of the other one.