Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Governments should spend more money in support of the arts than in support of athletics such as state-sponsored Olympic teams. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answers.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Governments should spend more money in support of the arts than in support of athletics such as state-sponsored Olympic teams. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answers.

• Abandon2Zenith
    University: Xi’an Jiaotong University
    Nationality: China
    October 16, 2020 at 7:36 am

I afraid that I have to disagree with this statement. In my humble opinion, government should spend more money in support of athletics than in support of the arts.

To begin with, spending money on athletics is more effective than on arts. Financial support in athletics can provide a better environment for athletics, which could improve the performance of athletics greatly. For example, I remember when I was in high school, there was no gym and in my school. The basketball team of our high school always lost in competitions because they had no place for training. Later, the education administration offer a financial aid to our high school for building a gym and improving the playground. Then our school team won the first prize for several times. I believe that it was the financial support that made the basketball team made progress rapidly. By contrast, financially supporting arts is always not efficient because many arts are not relevant to money. For example, Van Gogh was poor during his whole life, but he still drew one of the best paintings in the world. In conclusion, it is more efficient to spend money on athletics, so government shouldn’t spend more money on arts than on athletics.

What’s more, sports competitions could bring much more economic profits than art exhibitions. For example, there are millions of people who love basketball and are willing to watch NBA live. Through putting advertisements on the games, the organizers and players can make millions of money. Also, advertisements with sports star can persuade fans to buy the products, which could create huge GDP. Additionally, sports stars can also create theirs own brands such as Air Jordan. These brands could push the development of many industries and create thousands of jobs. However, I have never seen any art exhibition could become so profitable. Therefore, I defends that government should sponsor athletics rather than arts.

Abandon2Zenith
    October 16, 2020 at 7:36 am

To sum up, financial support is more effective in the area of sports, and sponsoring athletics is much more profitable than supporting arts. Therefore, I disagree with the statement that government should spend more money in support of arts than in support of athletics.

October 16, 2020 at 3:21 pm

Invalid. Please revise your previous essay before submitting another.

Abandon2Zenith
    October 17, 2020 at 2:18 am

I apologize for forgetting to submit the revised previous essay. Now I have resubmitted the previous essay. Thank you for correcting my composition.