Grades can encourage students to learn

• DylanMing
    University: No
    Nationality: China
    June 6, 2022 at 2:45 am

Grades can encourage students to learn.

Just keep pace with time, students are vital to the whole country and many people pay attention on their development. Some people think that grades encourage students to learn. From where I stand, I am not the proponent of this idea.

First and foremost, interest can encourage students to learn instead of grades. Interest is the best teacher, which will encourage students to learn. When students are interested in some subjects, they are willing to learn more on this subjects, which will inspire them to have a well-depth study on the subject. However, it seems that the grades will discourage the students to study. Students will be afraid of the scores and lose confidence from the grades. There is an example about my cousin Jay. Before, Jay paid attention on the grades and each time he saw the poor grades, he did not want to study any more. Fortunately, he found his interest in mathematics, so he put all his effort on this and he could always get the first in all the mathematics competitions.

Secondly, grades will drive the students to do some unforgiveable things. To get high marks and praise, it is colloray for students to do things without thinking twice, such as cheat others answers and so on, which will destroy their study career. For example, my classmate Amy, who always wanted to get high scores and tried to cheat others’ answer in the exam. However, when she was cheating, the professor found this and told this to her master teacher. Finally, she was forced to leave the school because of this.

From some perspective, the grades can encourage students to learn for the reason that the students will be confident when they see they get good marks in some subjects. Whereas, the grades will drive the students to try all methods to get high scores and fundamentally, interest is the best teacher.

Judging from all the events mentioned above, grades can not encourage students to learn. For one thing, interest is the best teacher. For another, grades will drive students to do some immoral things.

June 6, 2022 at 12:43 pm

Fix the problems suggested by the screenshot reviews.

DylanMing
    University: No
    Nationality: China
    June 7, 2022 at 1:26 pm

Just keep pace with time, students are vital to the whole country since many people pay attention to their development. Some people think that grades encourage students to learn. From where I stand, I am not proponent of this idea.

First and foremost, interest can encourage students to learn instead of grades. Interest is the best teacher, which will inspire students to learn. When students are interested in some subjects, they are willing to learn more on this subject, which will inspire them to have an in-depth study on the subject. However, it seems that the grades will discourage the students learning. Students will be afraid of the scores and lose confidence because of the grades. There is an example about my cousin Jay. Before, Jay paid attention to the grades and each time he saw the poor grades, he did not want to study at all. Fortunately, he found his interest in mathematics, so he put all his effort on this. As a result, he could always get the first in all the mathematics competitions.

Secondly, grades will drive the students to do some unforgiveable things. In order to obtain high marks, it is corollary for students to do things without thinking twice, such as cheating answers and so on, which will destroy their study career. For example, my classmate Amy, who always wanted to get high scores and tried to cheat others’ answer in the exam. However, when she was cheating, the professor found this behavior and told this to her head teacher. Finally, she was forced to leave the school because of this.

From some perspectives, the grades can encourage students to learn for the reason that the students will be confident when they see they get good marks in some subjects. However, the grades will drive the students to try all methods to get high scores.  Fundamentally, interest is the best teacher.

Judging from all the events mentioned above, grades can not encourage students to learn. For one thing, interest is the best teacher. For another, marks will drive students to do some immoral things.