High school students should be required to study many different subjects at the same time or they should study only three or four subjects at a time.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing High school students should be required to study many different subjects at the same time or they should study only three or four subjects at a time.

• NEURO
    University: Nanjing University
    Nationality: China
    April 21, 2022 at 10:44 am

High school students should be required to study many different subjects at the same time or they should study only three or four subjects at a time.

Lifetime during high school is of great significance for students when they develop the habit of learning and foster positive values. Some are convinced that students should take various subjects at the same time. As far as I am concerned, I’m against that idea. Students shouldn’t take too many lessons concurrently.

To start with, learning 3 or 4 lessons at a time helps promote study efficiency. For one thing, It is obvious that a large sum of time is necessary in order to achieve a good grade. With fewer classes to attend, students are able to devote more time to one single subject. As a result, they can do better in academic performance to earn an edge over others when hunting for jobs. For another, some elective courses may not be as important as the major. Students can easily fall asleep or find their minds wandering in class because they have lost interest in it. Such time that could have been spent on the major is wasted, leading to a low study efficiency.

Additionally, without the heavy burden of various classes, students can have spare time to participate in extracurricular activities which improve numerous skills. First, taking part in physical activities is essential for students. For instance, joining a football team fosters one’s team spirit and perseverance. Students will spare no efforts to win and never give up. During exercise, students both possess a healthy body and relax, which lay a solid foundation for their busy studies. What’s more, hanging out with friends or joining parties from time to time will train students’ social skills. No man is an isolated island and it’s essential for students to get hold of the ability to communicate with others and maintain a good relationship which will be an advantage in future work.

It is true that students should have a general view of different subjects before choosing a major. However, it is hard to ignore the fact that too many subjects to learn at a time will wear away the interest of all the subjects.

April 25, 2022 at 4:42 pm

Lifetime[ wrong word ] during high school is of great significance for students when [since during which  ] they develop [ a good ] the habit of learning [ habit ] and foster positive values. Some[unclear pronoun  ] are convinced that students should take various subjects at the same time[ unclear sentence ] . As far as I am concerned, I’m against that idea. [ With respect to this attitude, I argue that students ] Students shouldn’t[ avoid using NOT ] take too[ should refrain from taking/matriculating in ] many lessons concurrently.

To start with,[Admittedly,  ] learning 3[ three ] or 4[four  ] lessons[subjects  ] at a time helps promote study efficiency. (For one thing, It is obvious that a large sum of time is necessary in order to achieve a good grade.)[unclear  ] With fewer classes[ courses ] to attend, students are able to [can  ] devote more time to [ the learning of ] one single subject. As a result, they can do better in[, thereby achieving better/optimal  ] academic performance to earn an edge over others when hunting for jobs. For another, [ since ] some elective courses [ are less ] may not be as important as [ than ] the major [ ones, students ] . Students can easily [often  ] fall asleep or find their minds wandering [become absent-minded  ] in class because they have lost interest in it[unclear pronoun  ] . Such time that could [ otherwise ] have been [ be ] spent on the major is wasted, leading to a low study efficiency.

Additionally, without[liberated from  ] the heavy burden of various classes, students can have spare time to participate in extracurricular activities which[that could  ] improve numerous skills. First, taking part in physical activities is essential for students. For instance, joining a football team fosters one’s team spirit and perseverance. Students will spare no efforts to win and never give up. (During exercise, students both possess a healthy body and relax,)[unclear  ] which lay a solid foundation for their busy studies. What’s more, hanging out with friends or joining parties from time to time will train students’ social [socializing  ] skills. No man is an isolated island[use your own words  ] and it’s essential for students to (get hold of )[wrong phrase  ] the ability to communicate with others and maintain a good relationship [ , ] which will be an advantage in [ benefit their ] future work.

[In light of my arguments noted above, I propose that  ] It is true that students should have a general view of different subjects before choosing a major. However, it is hard to ignore the fact that too [ learning ] many subjects to learn at a time will wear away the interest of all the subjects.

April 25, 2022 at 4:59 pm

Final revision