If you are required to give feedback about your classmates/colleagues, would you like to give positive comments or negative comments first?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing If you are required to give feedback about your classmates/colleagues, would you like to give positive comments or negative comments first?

• ziyichang
    University: Zhejiang University
    Nationality: China
    April 20, 2021 at 7:43 am

If you are required to give feedback about your classmates/colleagues, would you like to give positive comments or negative comments first?

Nowadays, we often have to corporate with our classmates or colleagues to finish big tasks. Thus, people have a heated debate over how to give feedbacks about their partners. As far as I am concerned, giving positive comments prior to negative comments is a better choice. I feel this way for two reasons, which I will explore in the following essay.

To begin with, giving positive comments first is a more efficient way to cope with problems, and your comments can be easily accepted. Because most people prefer to hear compliments from others rather than criticisms. Give positive comments first can let your partner know advantages of their work. Thus, your classmates or colleagues can get your encouragements and feel eager to improve their works. In this situation, your advice will be critical for them. And they will accept these negative comments without hostility. For example, my physics teacher always praises our assignments, although most of us make many mistakes. After the positive comments, my teacher points out the errors and nobody feels disappointed about these negative comments. We all listen to his advice modestly and accept his guides. But the professor in my creative writing class prefers to give criticisms on our articles first. It is a terrible experience in this class. Each time I receive professor’s comments, I really feel that my work is a mess. I totally don’t want to revise it, despite professor mentions some highlight points in my assignments in the end.

Furthermore, giving positive comments first can help us leave a better impression on our co-workers and classmates. Expressing your appreciation is a good way to show your friendliness. If you give positive feedback friendly, everyone will feel your kindness and have a positive impression on you. There are many advantages follow. You can make more friends in school, otherwise have a benign relationship with your co-workers. Therefore, you can obtain more opportunities to corporate with others, which means that you can establish excellent teams in your class or company.

In conclusion, giving positive comments first is more helpful.

April 20, 2021 at 1:56 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. Lengthy paragraphs; restrict each paragraph to 90 words. 

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

ziyichang
    April 21, 2021 at 4:50 am

Nowadays, we often have to corporate with our classmates or colleagues to finish big tasks. Thus, people have a heated debate over how to give feedback about their partners. As far as I am concerned, giving positive comments before negative comments is a better choice. I feel this way for two reasons, which I will explore in the following essay.

First of all, giving positive comments first is a more efficient way to cope with problems, and your comments are easy to accept because most people prefer to hear compliments from others rather than criticisms. Give positive comments first can let your partner know the advantage of their work. Thus, your classmates or colleagues can get your encouragement and are eager to improve their works. In this situation, your advice is critical for them. And they will accept these negative comments without reservation. For example, my physics teacher always praises our assignments, although most of us make many mistakes. After the positive comments, my teacher points out the errors we made. No one will be disappointed by these negative comments. We all listen to his advice modestly and accept his guidance. But the professor in my creative writing class prefers to give criticisms on our articles first. It is a terrible experience in this class. Each time I receive the professor’s comments, I really feel that my work is a mess. I totally don’t want to revise it, although the professor mentions some highlight points in my assignments in the end.

Furthermore, giving positive comments first can help us make a better impression on our co-workers and classmates. Expressing your appreciation is a great way to show your friendliness. If you give positive feedback friendly, everyone will feel your kindness and have a positive impression of you. There are many advantages follow. You can make more friends in school, otherwise you can maintain a benign relationship with your co-workers. Therefore, you can obtain more opportunities to collaborate with others, which means that you can establish excellent teams in your class or company.

April 22, 2021 at 2:27 am

You failed to fix the issue as noted in my feedback.

ziyichang
    April 22, 2021 at 8:21 am

Nowadays, we often corporate with our classmates or colleagues to finish big tasks. Thus, people have a heated debate over how to give feedback about their partners. As far as I am concerned, giving positive comments before negative comments is a better choice. I feel this way for two reasons, which I will explore in the following essay.

First of all, giving positive comments first is more efficient to cope with problems, and your comments are easy to accept because most people prefer to hear compliments from others rather than criticisms. Give positive comments first can let your partner know the advantage of their work. Thus, your classmates or colleagues can get encouraged and will be eager to improve their works. In this situation, your advice is critical for them. And they will accept these negative comments without reservation. For example, although most of us have many mistakes in our assignments, my physics teacher always praises our efforts. After the positive comments, my teacher points out the errors we made. No one will be disappointed by these negative comments. We all listen to his advice and accept his guidance with modesty. But the professor in my creative writing class prefers to criticize our articles first. It is a terrible experience in this class. Each time I receive the professor’s comments, I feel that my work is a mess. I don’t want to revise it, although the professor mentions some highlight points in my assignments after the negative feedback.

Furthermore, giving positive comments first can help us leave a better impression on colleagues and classmates. Expressing your appreciation is a great way to show your friendliness. If you give positive feedback friendly, everyone will feel your kindness and have a positive impression of you. There are many advantages follow. You can make more friends in school, or maintain a benign relationship with your co-workers. As a result, you can get more opportunities to collaborate with others, which means you can build excellent teams in your class or company.

April 22, 2021 at 8:34 pm

Nowadays, we often corporate[wrong word  ] with our classmates or colleagues to finish[/complete  ] big tasks. (Thus, people have a heated debate over how to give feedback about their partners. As far as I am concerned)[cliche  ], giving positive comments (before negative comments)[unclear  ] is a better choice. I feel this way for two reasons, which I will explore in the following essay.[summarize reasons  ]

First of all, giving positive comments first is more (efficient to cope with problems)[unclear  ], and your [the  ]comments are easy to accept [more acceptable  ]because most people prefer to hear compliments from others rather than [ to ]criticisms. (Give positive comments first)[ grammatical error ] can let your partner know (the advantage of their work)[ unclear ]. Thus, your classmates or colleagues can get encouraged and will be eager [ thereby encouraging them ]to improve their works[ word form error ].[ In this situation, your advice is critical for them. And they will accept these negative comments without reservation. For example, although most of us have many mistakes in our assignments, my physics teacher always praises our efforts. After the positive comments, my teacher points out the errors we made. No one will be disappointed by these negative comments. We all listen to his advice and accept his guidance with modesty. But the professor in my creative writing class prefers to criticize our articles first. It is a terrible experience in this class. Each time I receive the professor’s comments, I feel that my work is a mess. I don’t want to revise it, although the professor mentions some highlight points in my assignments after the negative feedback.][ redundant ]

Furthermore, giving positive comments first can help us[could/would  ] leave a better impression on colleagues and classmates. Expressing your appreciation is a great way to show your friendliness. If you give[grammatical error  ] positive feedback friendly, everyone[zero-conditional  ] will [ grammatical error ]feel your kindness and have a positive impression of you. (There are many advantages follow)[ grammatical error ]. You can make more friends in school, or maintain a benign relationship with your co-workers. As a result, you can get more opportunities to collaborate with others, which means you can build excellent teams in your class or company[ in both academic and professional contexts ].

ziyichang
    May 4, 2021 at 12:33 pm

Nowadays, we often cooperate with our classmates or colleagues to complete big tasks. In this situation, communication skills are of great importance. From my perspective, it’s better to give positive comments to our partners first, then negative feedback. Because this can not only make the cooperation more efficient but also leave a good impression on others.

First, giving positive comments first is more efficient because it allows the communication to go smoother.  The comments are more acceptable because most people prefer to hear compliments from others  to criticisms. Giving positive comments first can let your partner know the merits of their work. Thus, your classmates or colleagues can get encouraged, thereby encouraging them to improve their work. [ In this situation, your advice is critical for them. And they will accept these negative comments without reservation. For example, although most of us have many mistakes in our assignments, my physics teacher always praises our efforts. After the positive comments, my teacher points out the errors we made. No one will be disappointed by these negative comments. We all listen to his advice and accept his guidance with modesty. But the professor in my creative writing class prefers to criticize our articles first. It is a terrible experience in this class. Each time I receive the professor’s comments, I feel that my work is a mess. I don’t want to revise it, although the professor mentions some highlight points in my assignments after the negative feedback.][ redundant ](I don’t know how to revise this, delete the example of the creative writing professor?)

Furthermore, giving positive comments would leave a better impression on colleagues and classmates. Expressing your appreciation is a great way to show your friendliness. If you gave positive feedback friendly, people would feel your kindness and have a positive impression of you. There are many advantages. You can make more friends in school, or maintain a benign relationship with your co-workers. As a result, you can get more opportunities to collaborate with others in both academic and professional contexts.

May 6, 2021 at 12:20 pm

Please split the 2nd paragraph into two.