TPO43: Imagine that you are in a classroom or a meeting. The teacher or the meeting leader says something incorrect. In your opinion, which of the following is the best thing to do?  1. Interrupt and correct the mistake right away; 2. Wait until the class or meeting is over and the people are gone, and then talk to the teacher or meeting leader; 3. Say nothing.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing TPO43: Imagine that you are in a classroom or a meeting. The teacher or the meeting leader says something incorrect. In your opinion, which of the following is the best thing to do?  1. Interrupt and correct the mistake right away; 2. Wait until the class or meeting is over and the people are gone, and then talk to the teacher or meeting leader; 3. Say nothing.

• Cicely
    University: Dalian University
    Nationality: China
    October 19, 2019 at 1:34 pm

TOEFL Writing Topic: Imagine that you are in a classroom or a meeting. The teacher or the meeting leader says something incorrect. In your opinion, which of the following is the best thing to do?  1. Interrupt and correct the mistake right away; 2. Wait until the class or meeting is over and the people are gone, and then talk to the teacher or meeting leader; 3. Say nothing.

From my perspective, when my teacher or the meeting leader says something wrong, I will not point out his errors in public, instead, I will communicate with him in person.

What must be prioritized is that it is important to tell him his errors, instead of saying nothing, is beneficial to the speaker’s. To begin with, it is common to make mistakes no matter who is your teacher or the leader. Pretending to be unaware of the wrong things is truth-blind. Talking to the speaker can provide him with the access to right answer. In detail, by correcting his mistakes, he can acquire a comprehensive knowledge. In addition, when you told the speaker, the speaker may tell his listeners his errors, which will make listeners who don’t know the mistakes modify and develop the quality of independent thinking.

Sometimes we need to look at things from the opposition’s point of view. We need to know the proper ways of correcting others. If people have the same embarrassed moment in your life, it seems possible for you to understand the situation of this teacher or the meeting leader. Telling him his mistakes privately will not only resolved an embarrassment, but also speak further and build a harmony relationship with him. Moreover, interrupting others’ speech is not polite, which will break the speaker’s thread of thinking, and even make him hard to think of what he said before.

knowledge, the foundation of a person’s future development, will be boosted when we correcting his mistakes. An embarrassment will also be relived, which leading to a positive relationship if we talk to him in person. To conclude, the second way can reap numerous benefits.

October 23, 2019 at 2:22 am

TOEFL Writing Topic: Imagine that you are in a classroom or a meeting. The teacher or the meeting leader says something incorrect. In your opinion, which of the following is the best thing to do?  1. Interrupt and correct the mistake right away; 2. Wait until the class or meeting is over and the people are gone, and then talk to the teacher or meeting leader; 3. Say nothing.

Score: 67.1

Recommendation:

1. Shorten/split sentences exceeding 20 words.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors of your essay.

Regards,

Lin Qiu