Imagine that you are in a classroom or a meeting. The teacher or the meeting leader says something incorrect. Which of the following is the best thing to do? Interrupt and correct the mistake right away; talk to the teacher or meeting leader after class; say nothing.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Imagine that you are in a classroom or a meeting. The teacher or the meeting leader says something incorrect. Which of the following is the best thing to do? Interrupt and correct the mistake right away; talk to the teacher or meeting leader after class; say nothing.

• lxxqc
    University: Peking University
    Nationality: China
    March 1, 2021 at 3:22 am

Imagine that you are in a classroom or a meeting. The teacher or the meeting leader says something incorrect. Which of the following is the best thing to do? Interrupt and correct the mistake right away; talk to the teacher or meeting leader after class; say nothing.

In our daily life, all of us have been in such a situation that when attending a class or a meeting, speaker’ s view may contradict to ours. Someone tend to interrupt and correct the mistakes right away, while others prefer to avoid potential conflict with teacher. In my opinion, talking to the teacher after class is the best option among the following reasons.

To begin with, as an old saying goes, it is normal for people to make mistakes. Thus, Interrupting and pointing out the inaccuracy during the class or meeting is always regarded as impolite, since the speaker may get embarrassed when being interrupted. Meanwhile, students in the classroom, listening carefully to the professor and focus on notes, will be disrupted by abrupt question. Furthermore, the planned progress of class or meeting is also adversely affected. To sum up, correcting the mistakes immediately erects a negative effect on the pace of presentation, although the motivation of interrupting is positive.

Furthermore, the fact that keeping their opinions to themselves may lead other students who are unaware of the mistakes to accept inaccurate information. Take the case of me, a typical students among thousands of others, who chose to say nothing in the confrontation of such occasion. As a result,  all of us made the same mistake in the next exam. Hat it not been for my silence, others would never be misguided and be imparted correct information.

In a nutshell,  it is the best choice that talking to the teacher or the meeting leader until the class is over and the people are gone. Via sharing idea with the speaker, we both as well as others will be placed as beneficiaries. Firstly, the class or meeting will run smoothly. Besides, inaccuracy will get corrected and opinions will get enriched through exchanging with speaker. Therefore, the speaker will improve his material and convey the correction to the students the next time.

Above these reasons I have listed, I strongly hold that it is wise to discuss with the teacher of the meeting leader afterwards.

March 1, 2021 at 4:29 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 40% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Simplify or split them. (TOEFL/IELTS: 15%- qualifies for non-software revision; 30% applies to GRE writing)
    2. About 30% of the sentences are passive; convert them into their active counterparts. (10%- qualifies for non-software TOEFL/IELTS/GRE writing revision );
    3. Some sentences are unclear due to grammatical errors and/or logical confusions;
    4. Learn the difference between zero-conditional writing and conditional writing.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.