Imagine that you are in a classroom or a meeting. The teacher or the meeting leader says something incorrect In your opinion, which of the following is the best thing to do?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Samples (all perfect score) Imagine that you are in a classroom or a meeting. The teacher or the meeting leader says something incorrect In your opinion, which of the following is the best thing to do?

• September 9, 2019 at 1:35 am

TOEFL Writing Sample

yang
    University: Northeastern University
    Nationality: China
    August 21, 2019 at 6:20 am

TOEFL Writing Topic:

Imagine that you are in a classroom or a meeting. The teacher or the meeting leader says something incorrect In your opinion, which of the following is the best thing to do?

•Interrupt and correct the mistake right away.
    •Wait until the class or meeting is over and the people are gone, and then talk to the teacher or meeting leader.
    •Say nothing.

Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

If we have a lesson, or attend a meeting, and the teacher or the meeting leader says something wrong, what will we do? I will wait until the end of class or the meeting and then talk to the teacher or meeting leader. Then, he or she will learn about the mistake without feeling embarrassed so they can correct the mistake during the next class or meeting.

Supposing I am in a math class now and the teacher is telling us the answer to a question. However, I am sure the answer that the teacher gives is a wrong answer. I believe it is very embarrassing to correct the mistake right away. I mean it is definitely right for us to correct the mistake, but we should find a more appropriate chance to do so. Directly pointing out the mistake and correcting it may lead to the teacher or leader becoming embarrassed and may interrupt the progress of the class.

Besides, it is also inappropriate for us not to correct the mistake since the mistake may confuse other students or employees. If all of us lack the courage to think independently, our society will never have major breakthroughs. Critical thinking is of vital importance in our daily lives. In other words, it is probable that we would make the mistake instead of our teacher or leader. Thus, in my point of view, I will talk to my teacher or leader alone when the class or meeting is over and find out the right answer.

In conclusion, the best solution to deal with this kind of situation is to talk to them personally after class or at the end of the meeting. That way the teacher or leader can become aware of the mistake without being embarrassed. Also, they can correct their mistake during the next class or meeting. What’s more, we can discuss the right answer and avoid repetitions of the same mistake.