Imagine that you are in a classroom or a meeting. The teacher or the meeting leader says something incorrect. In your opinion, which of the following is the best thing to do? 1. Interrupt and correct the mistake right away. 2. Say nothing.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Imagine that you are in a classroom or a meeting. The teacher or the meeting leader says something incorrect. In your opinion, which of the following is the best thing to do? 1. Interrupt and correct the mistake right away. 2. Say nothing.

• TOEFL Victim
    University: Shanghai Maritime University
    Nationality: China
    May 17, 2020 at 9:55 am

Imagine that you are in a classroom or a meeting. The teacher or the meeting leader says something incorrect. In your opinion, which of the following is the best thing to do? 1. Interrupt and correct the mistake right away. 2. Say nothing.

In our daily life, we can not avoid the situation that someone who is prestigious or professional makes mistake. It is a dilemma whether to point out his mistake. It seems like say nothing is the best choice. Keeping silience is reasonable because you can avoid having direct conflicts with the leader and let the speech go on. But I strongly disagree. For me, correct the mistake right away is the best option.

First, posing questions is allowed in the speech. When you get confused or feel like the leader says something incorrect, expressing your confusion in a moderate way is natural. Maybe someone else has the same question. Even though you misunderstand the leader’s meaning and find that you are the man who is actually incorrect, no one will laugh at you. On the other side, the process of raising questions helps you strength your memory. I bet this will be an unforgettable and interesting experience.

Second, correcting professors’ mistakes right away can save everyone’s time. When the leader find that his speech contains mistakes which may contribute to misunderstanding, he have to talk to everyone who have attended the speech in order to correct his mistake. It may not be a easy work. So if you talk to the lecturer after the meeting, it may be too late. You can save the leader’s time and effort by correcting the mistakes in time. A great leader won’t feel offended when someone interrupts his speech because of a mistake made by himself.

The last thing I want to say is about the outlook on life. In this situation, saying nothing is effective in escaping from the dilemma. However, when you get used to avoid plights, you are unable to face problems directly. Correcting mistakes in a speech is a trifle but countless trifles like that determine you life outlook.

May 17, 2020 at 4:34 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 20% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.
    2. Replace all IT when IT is used as the subject of a sentence. To do so, you need to rewrite most of these sentences.
    3. Consistent in person. Don’t change between WE and You.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

TOEFL Victim
    University: Shanghai Maritime University
    Nationality: China
    May 18, 2020 at 8:37 am

In our daily life, people can not avoid the situation that someone prestigious or professional makes mistakes. In that case, whether to point out his mistakes is a dilemma. Say nothing seems like the best choice. Keeping silence is reasonable because you can avoid having direct conflicts with the leader and let the speech go on. But from my perspective, correct the mistake right away is the best option.

First, posing questions is allowed in the speech. When you get confused or feel like the leader says something incorrect, expressing doubt in a moderate way is natural. Maybe someone else has the same question. Even though you misunderstand the leader’s meaning or find that you miss some key points, no one will laugh at you. On the other side, the process of raising questions helps you strength your memory. I bet this will be an unforgettable and rewarding experience.

Second, correcting professors’ mistakes right away can save everyone’s time. If mistakes occur in the speech, the leader has to contact with every attendees in order to correct his mistakes. It is a waste of time. So if you talk to the lecturer after the meeting, it may be too late. You can save the leader’s time and effort by correcting the mistakes in time. A great leader won’t feel offended when someone interrupts his speech because of the mistake made by himself.

The last thing I want to say is about the outlook on life. In this situation, saying nothing is feasible in escaping from the dilemma. However, when you get used to avoiding plights, you are unable to face problems directly. Correcting mistakes in a speech is a trifle. However, trifles like that determine your life outlook.

May 20, 2020 at 3:41 pm

In our daily life, people [inconsistent with our  ] (can not)[spelling error  ] avoid the/a situation that where someone prestigious or professional makes mistakes. In that case, whether to point out his mistakes or not is often becomes a dilemma for us. In this context, saying Say nothing seems like to be the best choice. Keeping silence is reasonable because you can since keeping silence could avoid having direct conflicts with the leader and let the speech go on speaker. But from my perspective, correcting the mistake right away is the best a better option.

First, posing questions is allowed in the speech. When you get confused or feel like the leader says something incorrect, expressing doubt in a moderate way is natural. Maybe someone else has the same question. Even though you misunderstand the leader’s meaning or find that you miss some key points, no one will laugh at you. On the other side, the process of raising questions helps you strength your memory. I bet this will be an unforgettable and rewarding experience.

Second, correcting professors’ mistakes right away can save everyone’s time. If mistakes occur in the speech, the leader has to contact with every attendees in order to correct his mistakes. It is a waste of time. So if you talk to the lecturer after the meeting, it may be too late. You can save the leader’s time and effort by correcting the mistakes in time. A great leader won’t feel offended when someone interrupts his speech because of the mistake made by himself.

The last thing I want to say is about the outlook on life. In this situation, saying nothing is feasible in escaping from the dilemma. However, when you get used to avoiding plights, you are unable to face problems directly. Correcting mistakes in a speech is a trifle. However, trifles like that determine your life outlook.

All sentences need to be rewritten.