Imagine that you are in a classroom or a meeting. The teacher or the meeting leader says something incorrect In your opinion, which of the following is the best thing to do?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Imagine that you are in a classroom or a meeting. The teacher or the meeting leader says something incorrect In your opinion, which of the following is the best thing to do?

• wangyuandi
    University: BUPT
    Nationality: China
    December 9, 2020 at 2:32 am

Imagine that you are in a classroom or a meeting. The teacher or the meeting leader says something incorrect In your opinion, which of the following is the best thing to do?

•Interrupt and correct the mistake right away.
    •Wait until the class or meeting is over and the people are gone, and then talk to the teacher or meeting leader.
    •Say nothing.

Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

When the teacher or the leaders make some mistakes, some people think it is the right behavior to interrupt and correct the mistake right away while others may think it is better to stay silence. As for me, I prefer to wait until the class or meeting is over and talk to them alone.

In the first place, it is important to keep the maintain consistency of one class or meeting. Teachers and leaders hold classes and meetings to convey us knowledge and information. To achieve this goal, teachers and leader might make some plans about the pace or content of the classes and meetings.  If we interrupt the meetings or classes, the consistency will be broken. Teachers and leaders will spend lots of time correcting and explaining the mistakes. However, this is not the genuine goal of classes or meeting. the most vital thing for teachers and leaders is to fully conduct what they have prepared before the classes or meetings.  Therefore, waiting until the class or meeting is over is a much wiser choice.

Furthermore, interrupting other people when they are talking something is a bad manner. What is more important is that pointing out mistakes teachers and leaders made in front of many people would make them uncomfortable. As a student or normal staff, it is obvious that we should be respectful towards teachers and leaders. If we point out the mistakes immediately, they would feel some kind of aggressive. Even you have a kind motivation at first, they may still misunderstand your intention. It is safe to wait until everybody have gone and talk about the mistake with teacher and leaders individually.

To sum up, I would like to wait until class or meeting is over and then talk to the teachers or leaders because interrupt other people will waste plenty of time and it is impolite.

December 12, 2020 at 5:51 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 30% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. Lots of articles (the) errors;
    3. Many pronouns (i.e., IT) are unclear. Replace them with nouns or noun phrases.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.