In order to attract good students, a university should spend a lot of money funding social activities.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing In order to attract good students, a university should spend a lot of money funding social activities.

• JOE
    University: Harbin Engineering University
    Nationality: China
    October 29, 2019 at 4:23 pm

TOEFL Writing Topic: In order to attract good students, a university should spend a lot of money funding social activities.

Today, with development of global advance education, it is becoming harder and harder for universities attracting good students. Especially, contemporary university students have versatile interests in not only academic work but also interesting social activities, and sometimes students have more attention on social activities after liberation from heavy workload for academical study in high schools. As to whether a university should invest more funding on social activities, opinions vary from person to person. Personally, I am convinced that universities are supposed to give more funding on students’ social activities.

At first, social activities play an important role to bring all students together and improve universities reputation. For most new students, they, may be their first time, have to go to another totally unfamiliar city to live and study, which is far away from their close friends and loved families. Obviously, it is urgently necessary for them finding replacement. If university can give some funding to hold new students’ party or any other social events, pressure and nostalgia in students’ mind will be eased and forgotten. Meanwhile, it can improve reputation and status of universities when students proudly introduce their countless and versatile social activities to their friends. Thus, more and more students who hear this kind of stories or events will have willing to apply for that.

However, some people argue that universities can’t waste their limited budgets on these events which don’t have any relation with academic advance. It makes sense that the key task of universities is to make contribution on progress of mankind rather than entertainment, but in my personal opinion, limited budget and lack of good students are also reasons to impede academic advance for universities. Based on what I state above, investment on social activities will bring good students and enough tuition to researches in universities. Therefore, universities will benefit from funding on social activities.

To sum up, taking into account of all these factors, we may reach the conclusion that it is significant for universities giving more money on social events, and it will bring excellent students for universities.

October 31, 2019 at 10:08 pm

TOEFL Writing Topic: In order to attract good students, a university should spend a lot of money funding social activities.

Score: 37.3/110

Recommendations:

1. Shorten/split sentences exceeding 20 words;
    2. Convert passive sentences into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.