Some people believe that in order to reduce crimes prisoners should be given longer prison sentences while some people think there are other alternative ways. 

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Some people believe that in order to reduce crimes prisoners should be given longer prison sentences while some people think there are other alternative ways. 

• Evan.F
    University: 大连理工大学
    Nationality: China
    March 11, 2021 at 1:13 am

Some people believe that in order to reduce crimes prisoners should be given longer prison sentences while some people think there are other alternative ways. 

Nowadays,the punishment to the prisoners are hotly debated.Some people reckon that the longer prison would contribute to reduce the crime rate,while others think there would be other more effective ways.In my opinion,although longer prison probably makes positive impact, other alternative ways are better choices.

On the one hand,longer sentence actually has several advantages.Firstly,it would have a deterrent effect to the potential offenders,which let them think twice before committing crimes.Moreover,the expansion of the prison time means the prisoners would have more time to do self-reflection,recognizing their mistakes.To these who may be just released,after experiencing the endless hard life and punishment in the prison,they would restart and live a positive life to avoid re-offending.Some of them may even use their own experience to persuade other people not to do something illegal.All of those above may successfully lead to the decline of the crimes.

On the other hand,other alternative ways may be more effective.Today,many criminals who just make a little mistake will face a long sentence and some who even finally die in the prison will never have a chance to restart their life.So other suitable ways are quite necessary. For example,in some countries,the governments prefer to send offenders with little mistake to communities to do compulsory work instead of long prison. In addition,some countries also provide the prisoners serving long sentences with the vocational education,which would make them easier to fit in the new society and obtain jobs after such a long period of isolation,finally reaching a lower recidivism rate.

In conclusion,I certainly agree that every ways has its own reason.However, compared with longer prison,i think the other alternative ways such as those mentioned above are really available and reasonable to reduce the crimes.

March 11, 2021 at 4:47 am

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 15% of the sentences are passive; convert them into their active counterparts. (10%- qualifies for non-software TOEFL/IELTS/GRE writing revision );
    2. Spacing errors throughout your essay.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.