In some countries around the world men and women are having children later in life. What are the reasons for this development? What are the effects on society and family life?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing In some countries around the world men and women are having children later in life. What are the reasons for this development? What are the effects on society and family life?

• DingNan
    University: Jilin university
    Nationality: china
    May 16, 2022 at 10:24 am

In some countries around the world men and women are having children later in life. What are the reasons for this development? What are the effects on society and family life?

It is a growing trend that young couples today would like to delay childbearing. There are various reasons why they make this decision. I believe that this issue will bring many disadvantages to our nations and individuals.

Firstly, compared to before, young people nowadays prefer focusing on themselves rather than babies. They are more likely to spend their time on work or hobbies in order to earn more money or live a more colorful life. Secondly, some young couples are afraid of having babies since they do not have any knowledge and skills in terms of being good parenting. Their inner worries and anxieties make them prolong their time of childbearing. Lastly, some less well-off families may want to have children, but they have to suspend their plan due to the financial pressures of childcare and education.

From my perspective, this tendency has lots of negative effects. For our society, delaying childbearing means we have fewer infants and more aged people every year. This is definitely detrimental to local economic development, since we have less supply for the labour market, fewer people will consume and fewer people will pay taxes to the government. For individuals, the biggest concern is the pregnancy hazard of older mothers. According to the scientific research, women above the age of 35 have to face higher risks of abortion than younger women. In addition, aged couples are not so energetic and vigorous compared with younger couples, so they are prone to find it tiring to play with or educate their children.

In conclusion, while I understand why the younger generation chooses to give birth to babies as late as possible. I still think this trend is not positive and it will bring us many potential hazardous effects in the long run.

May 16, 2022 at 1:27 pm

Please complete the revision of the other essay prior to working on this one.