In the past, people liked to store knowledge in books. However, in the present, we prefer to store knowledge on the Internet. Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing In the past, people liked to store knowledge in books. However, in the present, we prefer to store knowledge on the Internet. Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?

• Just do it
    University: Nankai University
    Nationality: China
    March 26, 2020 at 7:28 am

In the past, people liked to store knowledge in books. However, in the present, we prefer to store knowledge on the Internet. Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?

The Internet has increasingly overtaken books to become the most popular carrier of knowledge. My view is that this is largely a beneficial change and in this essay I will explain why.

The first point to make is that there are some downsides to preserve knowledge online, but these are relatively minor. The most significant disadvantage relates to information security. Through the Internet, hackers could get access to other’s private intellectual properties, damaging the interests of those who own them. In addition, there is also a possibility of losing information because of computer virus, buggy software or operational errors. However, as technology advances, it is hard to imagine these situations will last for long.

When we turn to the other side of the argument, there are two major points to make in favor of keeping information on the Internet. The first of them is that this change in knowledge preservation has brought about huge convenience. With an e-reader or other electronic devices, people could easily carry thousands of e-books to wherever they go. In contrast, it is almost impossible for individuals to bring the same number of paper books with them. The other point is that this revolution in information technology allows us to store achievements of human civilization transmitted via various medias such as audio and video files. Whereas before the technological innovation, we could only preserve texts and pictures for posterities.

In conclusion, I understand the viewpoint of those who worry about keeping information online, because sometimes it might be hard to ensure the safety of them. However, this is outweighed by the convenience it has brought, and the fact that a wider range of knowledge could be passed down with the use of the Internet.

March 26, 2020 at 11:09 pm

Score: 52.2

Issues:

1. About 30% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Just do it
    April 6, 2020 at 9:56 am

The Internet has increasingly overtaken books to become the most popular carrier of knowledge. In my view, this change brings more benefits than troubles, and in this essay I will explain why.

Granted, preserving knowledge online has some downsides, although most of them are minor. The most significant disadvantage relates to information security. Hackers could steal other’s private data for illegal use, thus damaging the interests of Internet users. Furthermore, netizens might sometimes loss the data stored online because of the computer viruses, buggy software or operational errors. However, as technology advances, it is hard to imagine these situations will last for long.

Turning to the other side of the argument, two principal points are in favor of keeping information on the Internet. To begin with, this change in knowledge storage has brought about considerable convenience. With an e-reader or other electronic devices, people could carry thousands of e-books wherever they go without any difficulty. In contrast, it is almost impossible for individuals to bring the same number of paper books with them. Moreover, this technological revolution has enabled us to store the achievements of human civilization transmitted via various media. These include but are not limited to audio and video files. Whereas before the technological innovation, we could only preserve knowledge which existed in forms of texts or pictures.

In conclusion, I understand that some people might worry about keeping data online due to security issues. However, the Internet makes knowledge keeping convenient and efficient, which outweigh the potential troubles it may cause.

April 16, 2020 at 12:36 am

Score: 46.2

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Just do it
    April 18, 2020 at 8:09 am

The Internet has increasingly overtaken books to become the most popular carrier of knowledge. In my view, this change brings more benefits than troubles, and in this essay, I will explain why.

Granted, preserving knowledge online has some downsides, although most of them are minor. The most significant disadvantage relates to information security. Hackers could steal other’s private data for illegal use, thus damaging the interests of Internet users. Furthermore, netizens might sometimes lose the data stored online because of computer viruses, buggy software, or operational errors. However, as technology advances, it is hard to imagine these situations will last for long.

On the other hand, keeping information on the Internet does yield indelible benefits. To begin with, this change in knowledge storage has brought about considerable convenience. With an e-reader or other electronic devices, people could carry thousands of e-books wherever they go without any difficulty. In contrast, it is almost impossible for individuals to bring the same number of paper books with them. Moreover, this technological revolution has enabled us to store the achievements of human civilization transmitted via various media. These include but are not limited to audio and video files. Whereas before the technological innovation, we could only preserve knowledge that existed in forms of texts or pictures.

In conclusion, I understand that some people might worry about keeping data online due to security issues. However, the Internet makes knowledge keeping convenient and efficient, which outweighs the potential troubles it may cause.

April 21, 2020 at 8:36 pm

Score: 44.8

Final Revision

The Internet has increasingly overtaken books to become the most popular carrier of knowledge. In my view, this change brings more benefits than troubles, and in this essay, (I will explain why)[ need to specify  ] .

Granted, preserving knowledge online has some downsides, although most of them are minor. The most significant disadvantage relates to information security. Hackers could steal other’s private data for illegal use, thus damaging the interests of [ missing article  ]Internet users. Furthermore, netizens might sometimes lose the data stored online because of computer viruses/virus abuse, buggy software, or operational errors. However, as technology advances, it is hard to imagine[missing a pronoun /that  ] these situations will last for long.

On the other hand, keeping information on the Internet does yield indelible benefits. To begin with, this change in knowledge storage has brought about considerable convenience. With[ unclear  ] an e-reader or other electronic devices, people could carry thousands of e-books wherever they go without any difficulty. In contrast, it is almost impossible for individuals to bring the same number of paper books with them. Moreover, this technological revolution has enabled us to store the achievements of human civilization[ wordy  ] transmitted via various media. These[ unclear pronoun  ] include but are not limited to audio and video files. Whereas before/prior to the technological innovation, we could only preserve knowledge that existed in (forms of texts or pictures)[texual and/or visual forms   ].

In conclusion, I understand that some people might worry about keeping data online due to security issues. However, the Internet makes knowledge keeping convenient and efficient, which outweighs the potential troubles it may cause.