Is it as important for older people to study and learn new things as the young ?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Is it as important for older people to study and learn new things as the young ?

• Youngster Y
    University: Amoy University
    Nationality: Amoy University
    December 2, 2019 at 8:28 am

Is it as important for older people to study or learn new things as it is for younger people?

It’s hard to deny that youngsters who play the main role of the future of a society should take learning as an essential task of their daily life. However, this leads impressionable people to generate the idea that it seems insignificant for old people to take fresh things into consideration. This suffered both logical and factual fallacies, so it should be analyzed meticulously. As the old are people who call the final decision and learning enables them to communicate with their young generation are considered, I strongly hold that for older people, studying things new concepts is also crucial for them.

First, older people have the right to decide whether to execute one proposal or not, forcing them to learn things that they don’t know. Since they should take responsibility for the decision that they made, they would have a complete understanding of every detail of their programs.  Use my father as an example. He was a manager of his company. Once there was a new project that contained some software and Internet technology that no one in his department had any knowledge of. In order to get that program, my father searched so many resources that related to the strange technologies online, even had a class on weekends. Finally, all his work paid off because of his efforts and serious attitude.

What’s more, people who learn more new things can have better relationships with their children. Since society changes so frequently in the twentieth century, only old people who can catch up the trend of the world can have open minds. For old people who want to have more topics with their kids, it is better to spend more time exploring new equipment and techniques. My grandmother who can use smartphone skillfully can text me on Facebook or even take videos, that makes me feel impressed and touched.

By way of conclusion, since the responsibility of decision making and high quality of family connection are meaningful for older people, learning new things at once is as significant as it is for the young to the old.

Youngster Y
    University: Amoy University
    Nationality: Amoy University
    December 19, 2019 at 5:33 pm

December 19, 2019 at 5:50 pm

Score: Ungraded

Issues:

1. Nearly 70% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.