Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.

• zhaifire
    University: Central Sourth University
    Nationality: China
    November 4, 2019 at 12:03 pm

IETLS Writing Topic: Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.

Nowadays, foreign languages courses have become common in both primary and secondary school. Many experts point out that learning foreign language at early age of children may be better. As for me, I think studying a foreign language in primary school has both advantages and disadvantages, but the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.

Childhood is certainly an important time for children to learn new things. In this stage children, who always show curiosity to this world are prone to acquire new knowledge quickly. And the things taught by their primary school teachers will stay in people’s mind for a long time.

Therefore the things learned at children’s early age will lay a solid foundation of their further study. Moreover. some children may feel interested In language learning and they may try to learn another new language when they get into secondary school. Most importantly, learning a new language is regarded as a long process, in which children may encounter a lot of challenges. So this is also a good opportunity to help children understand the meaning of perseverance. With great perseverance, they are more likely be proficient in what they learned. Therefore, they can get good marks and be more competitive in the job market when they grow up.

However, the language courses may also impose a huge stress on children, reducing the time playing with friends outside and exercising. Children have to finish more homework due to these lessons, which is detrimental to children’s growth.

In conclusion, the foreign language lessons in primary school bring a lot benefits to children. I am convinced that children will learn languages more effectively and happily if teachers can arrange the learning time reasonably and make the lessons more interesting.

zhaifire
    University: Central Sourth University
    Nationality: China
    November 4, 2019 at 12:05 pm

From Cambridge 9, Test 1, Page 31

November 4, 2019 at 2:59 pm

IETLS Writing Topic: Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.

Score: 64.5

Recommendation:

1. Split/shorten sentences exceeding 20 words.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Regards,

Lin Qiu