It is better for students to live away from home while studying at university than living with parents. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing It is better for students to live away from home while studying at university than living with parents. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

• JiRuosong
    University: he fei university of technology
    Nationality: China
    March 11, 2020 at 2:52 am

It is better for students to live away from home while studying at university than living with parents. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Nowadays, an increasing number of learners leave home to go to a university for an undergraduate degree. Although I accept that there are some disadvantages to this issue, I consider it is a good chance for them to exercise their abilities.

Firstly, I admit that some students may be accustomed to living with parents and they do not have any abilities to solve problems in real life. In the past, students only study in the school, and they must seek their parents’ help as soon as possible when they got into trouble, such as fighting with other classmates or receiving criticism from teachers. However, in the university, students have to face various problems without parents’ help, so it is possible that they have no solutions to these troubles and feel lonely.

Nevertheless, I argue that learners who are away from parents can cultivate their abilities to solve problems by themselves, because they must learn some skills in order to live, such as washing the clothes, getting along with roommates., managing money, and even earning a living if someone has a poor family. This means that teenagers not only need to study well, but also know how to take care of themselves.

In addition, there are fewer restrictions for students if they are far away from home. Therefore, they can have more free time to do something which they prefer to do. For example, they can go to theaters with friends when they are bored or stressed. It is a good way for the young to relax. What is more, they can learn some new skill according to vocational expectation, these will help them live well in the future.

In conclusion, I tend to approve that undergraduates should live away from families when they study in universities; even if some problems are to arise when they are away.

JiRuosong
    March 11, 2020 at 2:54 am

March 13, 2020 at 2:46 am

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 40% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 15% of the sentences are passive. Convert them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

JiRuosong
    March 14, 2020 at 3:01 am

Nowadays, an increasing number of learners compulsorily leave home to go to a university for an undergraduate degree. Although I accept that there are some disadvantages to this phenomenon, I completely agree it is a good chance for them to train their abilities.

On the one hand, I admit that some students may tend to live with parents. They have fewer capabilities to solve problems by themselves. In the past, students would ask their parents for help as soon as possible when they got into trouble, such as fighting with other classmates or receiving criticism from teachers. But now students have to independently face various problems during the university, so they are likely to have no solutions to these troubles and feel lonely.

On the other hand, I would argue that learners who are away from parents can improve their abilities which solve problems, because they need to learn many skills for survival. For instance, these students need learn to wash clothes, get along with roommates, manage money, and even earning a living if someone’s family is in poor condition. These mean that teenagers need to not only study hard but also know how to take care of themselves.

Moreover, there are fewer restrictions for students if they are far away from hometown. Therefore, they have more free time to do something which they prefer to do. For example, they can go to theaters with friends when they feel bored or stressed. It is an excellent way for the young adult to relax. What is more, they can learn new skills which benefit the vocation. These will help them live well in the future.

In conclusion, I suggest that undergraduates should live away from families when they study during the university.

March 16, 2020 at 1:30 am

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 30% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

JiRuosong
    March 16, 2020 at 2:20 pm

Nowadays, more and more learners go alone to a university for an undergraduate degree. I accept that there are some disadvantages to this phenomenon. Yet I considerably agree it is a wonderful chance for them to train their abilities.

On the one hand, I admit that some students may tend to live with their parents. These youth have fewer capabilities to solve problems by themselves. In the past, students would ask their parents for help when they got into trouble, such as fighting with classmates. But now students have to face various problems on their own during the university. As a result, they are likely to have no solutions to these troubles and feel lonely.

However, I would argue that learners who are away from their parents can improve their abilities of solving problems. That is because they need to learn many skills for the survival. For instance, these students need to learn to wash clothes, get along with roommates, manage money and so on. These mean that teenagers need to study hard and know how to take care of themselves.

Moreover, students have fewer restrictions if they are far away from their hometown. Thus, they have more free time to do something which they prefer to do. For example, they can go to theaters with friends when they feel bored or stressed. It is an excellent way for these juveniles to relax. What is more, they can learn new skills which benefit the vocation. These will help them live well in the future.

In conclusion, I regard that undergraduates should stay away from families when they study in the college.

March 16, 2020 at 6:54 pm

Score: 78.1

Nowadays, more and more learners go alone to a university for an undergraduate degree. I accept that there are some disadvantages to this phenomenon. Yet I considerably agree it [unclear pronoun/use a concrete noun  ] is a wonderful chance for them to train their abilities.

On the one hand, I admit that some students may tend to live with their parents. These youth have fewer [ incorrect word ] capabilities to solve problems by themselves. In the past, students would ask their parents for help when they got into trouble, such as fighting with classmates. But now students have to face various problems on their own (during the university) [ unclear ] . As a result, they are likely to have no solutions to these troubles and feel [ unparalleled/ are…/feel… ] lonely.

However, I would argue that learners who are away from their parents can improve their abilities of solving [grammatical error/ able/ability to do  ] problems. That is because they need to learn many skills for the [article error  ] survival. For instance, these students need to learn to wash clothes, get along with roommates, manage money and so on. These [ unclear pronoun ] mean that teenagers need to study hard and know how to take care of themselves.

Moreover, students have fewer restrictions if they are far away from their hometown [ grammatical error with subjunctive voice ] . Thus, they have more free time to do something which/that they prefer to do. For example, they can go to theaters with friends when they feel bored or stressed. It [unclear pronoun/use concrete noun  ] is an excellent [ unclear/use verb ] way for these juveniles to relax. What is more [incorrect  ] , they can learn [repetition  ] new skills which/that could potentially [ use conditional words ] benefit their vocation. These [ unclear pronoun ] will help them live well in the future.

In conclusion, I regard [wrong word  ] that undergraduates should stay away from families when they study in the [ article error ] college.

JiRuosong
    March 18, 2020 at 9:17 am

Nowadays, more and more learners go alone to a university for an undergraduate degree. I accept that there are some disadvantages to this phenomenon. Yet I considerably agree what students leave home for study is a wonderful chance for them to train their abilities.

On the one hand, I admit that some students may tend to live with their parents. These youth have scarce capabilities to solve problems by themselves. In the past, students would ask their parents for help when they got into trouble, such as fighting with classmates. But now students have to face various difficulties alone at the university. As a result, they are likely to have no solutions to these troubles.

However, I would argue that learners who are away from their parents can improve their abilities to solve problems. That is because they need to learn many skills for survivals. For instance, these students need to learn to wash clothes, get along with roommates, manage money and so on. These skills mean that teenagers need to study hard and know how to take care of themselves.

Moreover, students would have fewer restrictions if they were far away from their hometown. Thus, they have more free time to do something that they prefer to do. For example, they can go to theaters with friends when they feel bored or stressed. This entertainment mode makes these juveniles relax. In addition, they can emulate new skills which could potentially benefit their vocation. These useful skills will help them live well in the future.

In conclusion, I consent that undergraduates should stay away from families when they study in a college.

March 21, 2020 at 1:32 am

Score: 74.8

Final Revision

Nowadays, more and more [  redundant/many]learners[ improper word ] go alone[ unclear ] to a university for an undergraduate degree. I accept that there are some disadvantages to this phenomenon[wrong word  ]. Yet I considerably agree [preposition issue  ]what students leave home for study is a wonderful chance for them to train[develop  ] their abilities[wordy  ].

On the one hand, (I admit that)[ redundant ] some students may tend to live with their parents. These youth have scarce capabilities to solve problems by themselves. In the past, students would ask their parents for help when they got into trouble, [punctuation error  ]such as fighting with classmates. But now students have to face various difficulties alone at the university. As a result, they are likely to have no solutions to these troubles.

However, I would argue that learners who are away from their parents can improve their abilities to solve problems[ repetition ]. That is because they need to learn many skills for survivals[ word form error ]. For instance, these students need to learn to wash clothes, get along with roommates, manage money and so on. These skills mean that teenagers need to study hard and know how to take care of themselves.

Moreover, students would have fewer restrictions if they were far away from their hometown. Thus, they have more free time to do something that they prefer (to do)[redundant  ]. For example, they can go to theaters with friends when they feel bored or stressed. This entertainment mode makes these juveniles relax. In addition, they can emulate new skills which/that could potentially benefit their vocation. These useful skills will help them live well in the future.

In conclusion, I consent that undergraduates should stay away from families when they study in a college.