It is better to relax by watching a movie or reading a book than doing physical exercise? Please use specific details and examples in your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing It is better to relax by watching a movie or reading a book than doing physical exercise? Please use specific details and examples in your answer.

• SPY
    University: Hebei University of Technology
    Nationality: China
    May 25, 2020 at 12:29 am

It is better to relax by watching a movie or reading a book than doing physical exercise? Please use specific details and examples in your answer.

Increasingly fast and busy lifestyles heavily exhaust people nowadays. Whether watching movies or doing readings relaxes people more than doing physical exercise has been a hot issue. From my perspective, doing exercise benefits more.

First of all, under no circumstances will I deny that doing exercise helps us loosen up greatly, since it can divert our attention into another world, the world of sports, and we would fully concentrate on what we are doing at that moment. I usually went to the gym nearby to play tennis when I feel depressed, which really takes me away from those distressing and terrible things, and I could also feel the energy spewing out from my body.

Secondly, it is evident that doing sports can improve our physical quality and help us keep good health, which are demonstrated by scientists and experts and are accepted by the majority of general public. Take my father as an example. Although he is already 45 years old now, he still insist getting up early and doing sports, such as doing aerobics, playing tennis and gymnastics. And one of his words which really impressed me is that only by keep exercising everyday can one have a strong body and never get sick.

Admittedly, to some extent, doing some reading or watching movies may alleviate people’s burden due to they prove an effective way to comfort and please people. However, we have to realize that modern people, and almost all of people living around us would get tired from sitting for too long, as studying or working with computers, rather than from working excessively. In this case, watching movies and books exerts lower influences than doing physical exercise does. Therefore, what is obvious is that doing sports becomes a better and more suitable way for people today.

To sum it up, judging from what has argued above, doing physical exercise can release our stress by diverting our attention and improving our physical condition, and it is better and more appropriate for modern people. Only by keeping a healthy condition will we have a sunshine tomorrow.

May 25, 2020 at 1:31 am

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 55% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. Many adverbs don’t make sense. Remove or replace them.
    3. Use your own words to write the first paragraph.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

SPY
    University: Hebei University of Technology
    Nationality: China
    May 25, 2020 at 9:34 am

Nowadays, people have been exhausted by hustle and bustle of city life, they need to take a break. Movies and books relax people a lot, but whether they contribute more than doing sports has aroused some disputes. From my perspective, doing sports benefits people more.

First of all, under no circumstances will I deny that doing exercise helps us loosen up since it can divert our attention to the sports’ world, and we would fully concentrate on what we are doing at that moment. I often went to the gym nearby to play tennis when I feel depressed, which takes me away from those distressing and terrible things. I could also feel the energy spewing out from my body.

Secondly, doing exercises can improve our physical quality and help us keep good health, which is demonstrated by scientists and experts and is accepted by the majority of the general public. Take my father as an example. Although he is already 45 years old, he still insist on getting up early and doing sports, such as doing aerobics, playing tennis and gymnastics. And one of his words which impressed me is that only by exercising everyday can one in good condition and never get sick.

Admittedly, to some extent, doing reading or watching movies may alleviate people’s burden due to they prove an effective way to comfort and please people. However, we have to realize that almost all of people living around us would get tired from sitting for too long, as studying or working with computers, rather than from physical exhaustion. In this case, watching movies and books exerts lower influences than doing physical exercise does. Therefore, physical exercise becomes a better and more suitable way for people today.

To sum it up, judging from what has argued above, doing physical exercise is more appropriate for modern people to release stress by diverting their attention and improving their physical condition. Only by keeping health will we have a bright future.

May 29, 2020 at 7:13 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 50% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 15% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.