It is better to resort to the internet when deciding to travel to one of two places.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing It is better to resort to the internet when deciding to travel to one of two places.

• Lin Zhongyan
    University: In Transition to US Undergraduate School
    Nationality: Chinese
    November 8, 2019 at 9:50 am

TOEFL Writing Topic: It is better to resort to the internet when deciding to travel to one of two places.

Nowadays, travelling has become a most fashionable choice for holidaymakers. When baffled by two unfamiliar places to visit and how to decide, each individual may express his own preference. Some would like to surf the Internet for relevant information because the Net is comprehensive and convenient, while others would rather discuss with a friend who has been to both places. From my perspective, I am in favor of the former. My reasons are as follows.

To put it in the priority, due to accuracy concerns, it is better to search the Internet than asking a friend. Undoubtedly, it is nearly impossible for one person to visit every corner of the landscape while the Internet can provide us with adequate and precise information about the place. What’s more, any updates can be put on the website instantly, but your friend may fail to offer you such essential tips. On top of that, there are always a multitude of reviews about the places, for experiences vary from person to person, say, rather than your friend’s single judgement. Accordingly, your decision between the two alternative places will definitely be more feasible and less regretful.

Furthermore, it is the convenience factor, both in time and space, that can never be neglected. You cannot make it clear when your friend will be available for your counselling and where it is appropriate for such conversation. In addition, we may find it impolite to interrupt our friends for fear of rejection, which proves to be worse than no asking. However, these worries will not exist in terms of the Internet, for we can have easy access to the cyber zone no matter when and where. Not to mention that we are not required to overcome the dreary of troubling others, even if our intimate friends.

In sum, resorting to the Internet for information about scenic spots is much more advantageous than discussing with a friend, which can be inaccurate and impractical. Since the Net can offer precise and comprehensive information about the tourism districts and is more accessible, it is better to consult the cyber professors.

November 13, 2019 at 3:58 am

Score: 60.5

Problems:

1. Around half of the sentences exceed 20 words. You need to shorten/split them.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.