It is commonly believed that in life, success is not the most important thing; it is more important to remain happy and optimistic when we fail.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing It is commonly believed that in life, success is not the most important thing; it is more important to remain happy and optimistic when we fail.

• icey
    University: Fudan University
    Nationality: China
    October 8, 2021 at 3:44 am

It is commonly believed that in life, success is not the most important thing; it is more important to remain happy and optimistic when we fail.

Nowadays, people tend to pursue power and fame, valuing success above anything else. This could cause a vast of problems, including the impatience for the necessary accumulation which may contribute to success and the inability to accept possible failure. So it’s better to have a positive mind instead.

Being optimistic means always having hope for or even faith in getting the result I want. When I encounter a drawback during the process, I will see it as an opportunity to learn and progress. But for those who only desire success, they will be easily frustrated by the trivial failure, undervaluing themselves, or even giving up. As an old saying goes, ‘failure is the mother of success.’ If we cannot embrace failure and regain confidence, we will never achieve the final success.

Moreover, even if we can never reach the goals we set in the first place, the process of trying is much more meaningful than the result. The skills we grasp during the pursuit of our goal all become our talents. For example, when I was in middle school, my ambition was to be a writer. In order to fulfill my dream, I read tons of books in my spare time, took writing lessons and practiced debate. Although it finally turned out that I didn’t have the talent for writing, the thoughts I extracted from the books and the ability to think independently benefited my whole life. So it’s just very shallow-minded to see only success as the most important thing.

To sum up, although it’s people’s instinct of valuing success high above all else, we cannot be simply defined by the result. What we do is more important than what we get, as we grow and gain by solving the problems we meet. We should always be happy and optimistic in order to stick to the very end of success.

October 10, 2021 at 3:17 am

Invalid

Tagged: