Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more enjoyable to have a job where you work only three days a week for long hours than to have a job where you work five days a week for shorter hours. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more enjoyable to have a job where you work only three days a week for long hours than to have a job where you work five days a week for shorter hours. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• HAHA_WZ
    University: University of Science and Technology of China
    Nationality: China
    October 15, 2020 at 2:00 pm

From my perspective, I disagree with the statement that working three days a week for long hours instead of five days a week for shorter hours is more pleasant. The reasons are as follows.

Initially, working five days a week can help us keep with the times. In such a highly connected society, information generates and spreads at a crazy speed every day. If we rest for four days instead of two days a week, chances are that we miss some critical information. Hence we may take the wrong direction because of a lack of messages and fall behind other competitors. Take me for example, I used to work in the bank as a counselor. Once a while, I took my annual leave for a week. When I came back, I found there were so many changes in the bank’s working direction. Therefore, I spent a lot of time figuring out what happened during my leave. Such a long continuous vacation may help refresh my mind in a short time, but the cost is more time to catch up.

Additionally, the three-day work for long hours can reduce our working efficiency. When I was a senior high school student, I usually took examinations for two whole days. Up to now, I can still remember the feelings of exhaustion after the long continuous concentration. What’s more, I often do badly in the last examination because of the decline of efficiency. After the intensive continuous working, few of us can maintain high concentration. Relaxation in time is necessary for efficient work. Thus working five days a week for short hours provides us with enough leisure time, and then it is more adequate than working three days a week.

In conclusion, working five days a week for short hours help us keep up with the time and give us necessary relaxation between intense work. Therefore, it’s is more pleasant than working three days a week for short hours.

October 15, 2020 at 3:20 pm

Invalid. Please revise your previous essay before submitting another.