It is more enjoyable to have a job where you work only three days a week for long hours than to have a job where you work five days a week for shorter hours.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing It is more enjoyable to have a job where you work only three days a week for long hours than to have a job where you work five days a week for shorter hours.

• IvyN
    University: Chongqing University
    Nationality: China
    February 7, 2021 at 2:04 pm

It is more enjoyable to have a job where you work only three days a week for long hours than to have a job where you work five days a week for shorter hours.

As a major part of an adult’s life, working has always arouse heated discussions, One topic is that whether it is better to work for three days each week for longer hours than for five days. From my perspective, the latter is more enjoyable.

Firstly, working five days per week will lead to less pressure. Though the working patterns are different, tasks that workers must finish are almost the same, which means people have to do more things in one day if they only work three days each week. Therefore, it may impose strict demands on workers, like being highly efficient and being more self-disciplined. As a result, people may feel much more stressed. And these pressure may lead to both physical and mental problems.

Besides, workers can gain pleasure and lessons which they cannot obtain in their spare time through working. I remember when I did an internship in one summer holiday, I could talk with my co-workers, which added color to my daily routine and made me buld friendship with them. Also, doing tasks that required me to meet people in different departments and to communicate with them helped me to improve my communicating skills and learn how to get along with different people.

Some people believe that working three days can make people have more spare days, which can be used to do what they like and gain energy for the next week. However, the total break time of these two situations is almost the same, but working five days can leave workers with more free time every day prepare for the next day. Therefore, such break is more efficient. There is another problem that if people rest for too long, it may be hard for them to go back to their job.

Taking the three aspects into account, I am strongly convinced that it is working five days each week is more reasonable.

February 8, 2021 at 2:23 am

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 55% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Simplify or split them. (TOEFL/IELTS: 15%- qualifies for non-software revision; 30% applies to GRE writing)
    2. About 15% of the sentences are passive; convert them into their active counterparts. (10%- qualifies for non-software TOEFL/IELTS/GRE writing revision )

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

IvyN
    University: Chongqing University
    Nationality: China
    February 9, 2021 at 3:08 pm

As an important part of an adult’s life, working has always arouse heated discussions. One topic is whether it is better to work for three days each week for longer hours or for five days. From my perspective, the latter is more enjoyable.

First and foremost, working five days per week will lead to less pressure. Though the working patterns are different, workers must finish the same amount of total work. If people only work three days each week, they have to do more things in one day. Therefore, it may impose strict demands on workers, like being highly efficient and being more self-disciplined. As a result, people may feel much more stressed. And the pressure may lead to both physical and mental problems.

Besides, workers can gain pleasure and lessons through working which they cannot obtain in their spare time. I did an internship in one summer holiday, I could talk with my co-workers, which added color to my daily routine and made me build friendship with them. Also, doing tasks that required me to meet people in different departments and communicate with them helped me improve my communication skills and learn how to get along with different people.

Some people believe that working three days will make people have more spare time, during which they can do what they like . In fact, these two situations’ total break time is almost the same. However,  working five days can leave workers with more free time every day to prepare for the next day. Therefore, this can provide people with more efficient rests. There is another problem that it may be hard for peopleto go back to their job if they rest for too long.

Considering the three aspects, I am strongly convinced that working five days each week is more reasonable.

February 9, 2021 at 10:21 pm

Score: 79

Issues:

1. About 30% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Simplify or split them. (TOEFL/IELTS: 15%- qualifies for non-software revision; 30% applies to GRE writing);
    2. About 11% of the sentences are passive; convert them into their active counterparts. (10%- qualifies for non-software TOEFL/IELTS/GRE writing revision );
    3. Zero conditional sentences (change to conditional sentences);
    4. Grammatical errors, particularly with subjunctive voice;
    5. Article (THE) errors;
    6. Unclear pronouns (i.e. IT)

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Study Lecture 1/2 of ‘Finest Articles Explained Clearly’ on yingwenguanzhi