It is more important for governments to spend money to improve Internet access than to improve public transportation. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing It is more important for governments to spend money to improve Internet access than to improve public transportation. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• flgeorge2014
    University: Guangzhou University
    Nationality: Chinese
    May 17, 2022 at 12:48 pm

It is more important for governments to spend money to improve Internet access than to improve public transportation. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

It is more important for governments to spend money to improve Internet access than to improve public transportation.

Many people argue that it is more important for governments to spend money on improvement of public transportation than improvement of Internet access. While I accept that governments should make public transportation more reliable and efficient, I believe that making the internet more accessible is more important in the information age.

On the one hand, I believe that public transportation systems need to be improved. Because people have higher incomes than in the past, more families can afford private cars. This means that the number of cars on the road is increasing, which causes traffic congestion. Governments should make public transportation more convenient and reliable. For example, the Chinese government constructed high speed rail 10 years ago. The system helps many people to shorten commuting time and reduce the number of cars on the highways. Moreover, some old public transportation systems cannot meet the needs of citizens. For instance, the subway systems are too old and prompt safety concerns in New York. People tend to drive on their own, which leads to traffic congestion in New York City. Therefore, Governments really need to keep public transportation up-to-date.

On the other hand, I think governments should spend more money to improve Internet access. Nowadays, the Internet is essential to many activities, such as having online meetings, searching information, and checking emails. Sometimes people do not have to move to other places, but they need to communicate with others through the Internet. For example, many people are working from home because of the pandemic. This means that they do not have to go to the office regularly, but they need to access the Internet to work at home. Also, many companies would like to have online interviews rather than asking people to travel to the physical offices.

In conclusion, while I agree that it is important for governments to invest in public transportation systems, I believe that governments should focus more on improving Internet access.

May 20, 2022 at 12:55 pm

Please fix the problems suggested on screenshot reviews. Thanks.