It is more important for governments to spend money to improve Internet access than to improve public transportation.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing It is more important for governments to spend money to improve Internet access than to improve public transportation.

• icey
    University: Fudan University
    Nationality: China
    August 5, 2021 at 7:29 am

It is more important for governments to spend money to improve Internet access than to improve public transportation. 

Both the Internet and public transportation strongly impact on the quality of our lives. As we are so reliant on the Internet that we use it from waking up to falling into sleep, it seems that public transportation only plays a trivial part in our daily life. However, I still deem that improving public transportation can generate more happiness for the public than building some signals stations.

Have you ever been almost late for work, hurrying to the subway station only to find the carriages are too crowded to get in? Are you exhausted by the daily 2-hour commuting, which greatly drains your energy for the whole day? For most of the office workers, commuting is such a headache as it consumes their passion for work, devastating their vigor. If the government could update the public transportation system to reduce commuting time, both the workers’ efficiency and happiness will be dramatically enhanced.

Meanwhile, I think the Internet facilities are already well-developed enough and further improvements may provoke havoc. As the speed of the Internet becomes faster and faster, we are submerged by massive information, seldom having spare time to enjoy what is happening around us. Although technological development is crucial to humankind, maybe it’s time for us to slow down a little bit and retreat to a simpler stage.

On the other hand, a well-organized public transportation system also shows the economic strength of a city. Efficient transportation is surely a necessity for a modern metropolis. As a resident in both Beijing and Shanghai, I witness what guarantees Shanghai’s drastic development. Its public transportation system is more scientific and there are always multiple ways available for one route. In Beijing, however, roads are always jammed and subway capacity is far from enough. So the government can consider improving public transportation as a shortcut of enhancing cities’ competence.

To sum up, I disagree with the statement because refining public transportation can not only benefit people’s happiness but also improve the city’s image and overall competitiveness. In contrast, further progress in Internet access is not in urgent need and may harm people’s life.

August 7, 2021 at 10:26 pm

Invalid [ Complete the revision of your other essay prior to working on this one.]

icey
    August 17, 2021 at 2:41 am

Both the Internet and public transportation strongly impact the quality of our lives. As we are so reliant on the Internet that we use it from waking up to falling into sleep, it seems that public transportation only plays a trivial part in our daily life. However, I still deem that improving public transit can generate more happiness for the public than building some signals stations.

Have you ever been almost late for work, hurrying to the subway station only to find the carriages are too crowded to get in? Are you exhausted by the daily 2-hour commuting, which dramatically drains your energy for the whole day? Commuting is such a headache for most office workers as it consumes their passion for work, devastating their vigor. If the government could update the public transportation system to reduce commuting time, it will dramatically enhance the workers’ efficiency and happiness.

Meanwhile, I think the Internet facilities are already well-developed enough, and further improvements may provoke havoc. As the speed of the Internet becomes faster and faster, we are submerged by massive information, seldom having spare time to enjoy what is happening around us. Although technological development is crucial to humankind, maybe it’s time for us to slow down a little bit and retreat to a simpler stage.

On the other hand, a well-organized public transportation system also shows the economic strength of a city. Efficient transportation is undoubtedly a necessity for a modern metropolis. As a resident in both Beijing and Shanghai, I witness what guarantees Shanghai’s drastic development. Its public transportation system is more scientific, and there are always multiple ways available for one route. In Beijing, however, roads are always jammed and subway capacity is far from enough. So the government can consider improving public transportation as a shortcut of enhancing cities’ competence.

To sum up, I disagree with the statement because refining public transportation can benefit people’s happiness and improve the city’s image and overall competitiveness. In contrast, further progress in Internet access is not in urgent need and may harm people’s life.

August 24, 2021 at 9:29 pm

Both the Internet and public transportation strongly impact the quality of our lives. As we[We  ] are so reliant on the Internet that we use it from waking up to falling into sleep,[punctuation error  ] it seems that public transportation only plays a trivial part in our daily life. However, I still deem that improving public transit can generate more happiness for the public than building some signals[ signal ] stations.

Have you ever been[ Were you ] almost late for work, hurrying to the subway station only to find the carriages are[ were ] too crowded to get in? Are you exhausted by the daily 2-hour [ daily ] commuting, which dramatically drains your energy for the whole day? Commuting is such a headache for most office workers as[  that] it consumes their passion for work, devastating their vigor. If the government could update the public transportation system to reduce commuting time, it will[  would] dramatically enhance the workers’ efficiency and happiness.

Meanwhile, I think the Internet facilities are already well-developed enough, and [  so] further improvements may provoke havoc. As the speed of the Internet becomes faster and faster, we are submerged by massive [volumes of  ] information, seldom having spare time to enjoy [ enjoying ] what is happening around us. Although technological development is crucial to humankind, maybe it’s time for us to slow down a little bit and retreat to a simpler stage.

On the other hand, a well-organized public transportation system also shows the economic strength of a city. Efficient transportation is undoubtedly a necessity for a modern metropolis. As a resident in both Beijing and Shanghai, I witness what guarantees Shanghai’s drastic development. Its [ The city’s ] public transportation system is more scientific, and there are always multiple ways[ lanes ] available for one route. In Beijing, however, roads are always jammed and subway capacity is far from enough. So the government can consider improving public transportation as a shortcut of enhancing [in an effort to enhance  ] cities’ competence.

To sum up, I disagree with the statement[unclear  ] because refining public transportation can benefit people’s happiness and improve the city’s image and [, as well as its ] overall competitiveness. In contrast, further progress in Internet access is not in urgent need and may harm people’s life.

August 24, 2021 at 9:37 pm

Final revision

icey
    October 4, 2021 at 10:22 am

Both the Internet and public transportation strongly impact the quality of our lives. We are so reliant on the Internet that we use it from waking up to falling into sleep, so it seems that public transportation only plays a trivial part in our daily life. However, I still deem that improving public transit can generate more happiness for the public than building some signal stations.

Were you almost late for work, hurrying to the subway station only to find the carriages were too crowded to get in? Are you exhausted by the 2-hour daily commuting, which dramatically drains your energy for the whole day? Commuting is such a headache for most office workers that it consumes their passion for work, devastating their vigor. If the government could update the public transportation system to reduce commuting time, it would dramatically enhance workers’ efficiency and happiness.

Meanwhile, the Internet facilities are already well-developed, so further improvements may provoke havoc. As the speed of the Internet becomes faster we are submerged by massive volumes of information, seldom having spare time enjoying what is happening around us. Although technological development is crucial to humankind, maybe it’s time for us to slow down a little bit and retreat to a simpler stage.

On the other hand, a well-organized public transportation system also shows the economic strength of a city. Efficient transportation is undoubtedly a necessity for a modern metropolis. As a resident in both Beijing and Shanghai, I witness what guarantees Shanghai’s drastic development. The city’s public transportation system is more scientific, and there are always multiple lanes available for one route. In Beijing, however, roads are always jammed and subway capacity is far from enough. So the government can consider improving public transportation in an effort to enhance cities’ competence.

To sum up, I disagree with the statement that improving internet access is more important than refining public transportation, because the latter can benefit people’s happiness and improve the city’s image, as well as its overall competitiveness. In contrast, further progress in Internet access is not in urgent need and may harm people’s life.

October 4, 2021 at 11:40 am

Final Revision already provided