Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more important for governments to spend money to improve Internet access than to improve public transportation. TPO48 independent writing.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more important for governments to spend money to improve Internet access than to improve public transportation. TPO48 independent writing.

• Abandon2Zenith
    University: Xi’an Jiaotong University
    Nationality: China
    October 18, 2020 at 3:24 pm

As we all know, both Internet access and public transportation are of significance. Without fast network, people can not easily visit social media, chat with friends, search information and do some stuff like those. Whereas, it will become very inconvenient for people to go out without developed public transportation. Is it more important for governments to spend money to improve Internet access than to improve public transportation? This is where my question begins, I disagree with this statement because I think both of them are indispensable.

Internet access is relevant to people’s life. People can’t live without the Internet in every aspect of their lives. Unfortunately, now Internet is not capable enough to meet people demand. It  often face the network jam problem. Take myself for example, under the influence of Covid-19, almost all teachers and students have to stay at home, so do I. Therefore, I rely on the Internet to listen to lectures, submit my homework, communicate with my teachers and classmates. Even I can only shop online! Everything is relevant to Internet. However, the network in my hometown does not work well. Sometimes, it is very slow, I have to wait for 5 minutes to visit a website, and sometimes it just get stuck! There was a time I failed to submit my homework because of bad network. As far as I am concerned, the government should pay for improving the internet access of my hometown.

Public transportation is also very significant. Terrible public transportation can also cause inconvenience to citizens. Take myself for example, last winter, I interned in Shanghai. At this time, I lived in Jingan District, which was about 10 kilometers away from my work place. At beginning, I thought it was not a problem because there were subways in Shanghai. However, later I found the subway system was terrible. Obviously the subway was overburdened, there are about 40 people in one box! I didn’t squeeze into the subway for several times, because there were too many people! What’s more, the subway was very slow. I spent 4 hours on subway everyday. Therefore, I argue that the government should spend money on public transportation to solve the problems.

In a sum, both Internet access and public transportation are closely related to people’s life. If terrible, they could cause much inconvenience to people’s life. Now they are faced with many problems, so government should spend money on them. Since each of them is indispensable, I can’t say which one is more important.

October 19, 2020 at 3:20 pm

Invalid. Please revise your previous essay before submitting another.