It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts.

• Wase263
    University: Gifu University
    Nationality: China
    March 22, 2020 at 10:58 am

It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts.

I disagree with this statement.In my opinion,ideas and concepts are all only the basic knowledge for us to learn.We won’t improve ourselves if we just satisfied by basic level skills in any field.In addition,it’s not opposite relation between understanding ideas and concepts and learning facts,they can promote each other.

The most intuitive examples are animals’ growing experience.There are large amount kinds of  species in nature,and obviously most of them are not as intelligent as human beings.But they still have lots of unknown skills which are hard to be understood and used by human.Adult animals teach these skills to their children.They will keep these skills from generation to generation.Is it because they have learned concepts and ideas? Apparently no.The main reason is they learned many facts by encountering lots of situations during their evolution histories.

And in academic fields,we can learn even more about significance of learning facts.Take probability as an example,we study probability because it can measure probabilities of events in the real world.Moreover,after we come up with some ideas or hypotheses,we need real feedback to help us to know if it’s right and what we should correct.So for students who’s specialty is probability,data always is important.

As a student,I also like teaching method with many vivid facts.Learning facts always is the fast way for me to understand those abstract concepts and sophisticated knowledge.This is inspired by my friend who can be through learning process very fast.He told me that every time he meets difficulties,he will search their real applications online.And then he can know that which basic concepts have what kinds of effect in real world as well as how they operate in fact.From his description,we can not only know that learning facts is important but also learn facts, ideas and concepts are all significant parts for ours learning process.

March 23, 2020 at 8:00 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 80% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 60% of the sentences are passive. Convert them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Wase263
    University: Gifu University
    Nationality: China
    April 3, 2020 at 6:04 am

I disagree with this statement. In my opinion, ideas and concepts are all only basic knowledge for us to learn. In any field, we are not just satisfied with mastering basics. Moreover, understanding concepts and ideas doesn’t conflict with learning facts. We can obtain benefits of them both.

The most intuitive example is the growth of animals in nature. There are a lot of  species on earth, obviously most of them are not as intelligent as human beings. However they still have lots of unknown skills which are hard to be understood and used by human. Adult animals teach these skills to their offspring. They will teach these skills from generation to generation. And continuously adjust themselves so that they can use these skills to survive. Is this because they have learned concepts and ideas? Apparently no. The main reason is they learned many facts by encountering lots of situations during their evolutionary histories.

In academic fields, we can learn even more about significance of learning facts. Take probability as an example, we study it because it can measure probability of events in the real world. Furthermore, after we come up with some ideas or hypotheses, we need real feedback to help us to know if it’s right and what we should correct. Therefore data always is important for students whose specialty is probability.

As a student, I also like teaching style with many vivid facts. Learning facts always is fast way for me to understand those abstract concepts and sophisticated knowledge. This is inspired by my friend who can learn everything very fast. He tell me that every time he meets difficulties, he searches their real applications online. Thus he can know that which basic concepts have what kinds of effect as well as  how they operate in fact. From his description, we can not only know that learning facts is important but also know facts, ideas and concepts are all significant parts of learning process.

April 9, 2020 at 1:26 am

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 20% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Tagged: