It is more important for universities to invest in infrastructure and physical plant than to invest in keeping the faculty satisfied. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing It is more important for universities to invest in infrastructure and physical plant than to invest in keeping the faculty satisfied. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• Jing
    University: nope
    Nationality: China
    August 30, 2020 at 1:42 pm

It is more important for universities to invest in infrastructure and physical plant than to invest in keeping the faculty satisfied. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

With the increasingly competitions among the universities, finding a way to improve the images becomes a core of the universities. Some people may propose that it is more important for universities to invest in infrastructure and physical plant than to invest in keeping the faculty satisfied, because they think beautiful and modern buildings are capable to attract more students. However, for me, investing in keeping the faculty satisfied, which means more qualified teachers would likely to stay and the education level would be increased, is more necessary for the universities.

To start with, there is a huge need for experienced and knowledgable teachers. Thus, meeting the needs of faculty is a key to retain famous professors. An example of a primary school nearby my home dawns on me. The apparent of this primary school with a big garden is very attractive. At first, lots of students wanted to enter this school because they fell in love with the great garden and buildings. However, the wages and welfares for the teachers left much to be desired, so parties of the teachers started job-hopping. As time goes, the teachers lack serious. Although it is just a sample of the primary school, the universities will turns into the same outcome as well because of the same principle – paying less attention on faculty satisfaction.

What’s more, if the faculty are satisfied with their conditions in the university, they will give the lectures more willingly and happily, so that education level will be increased also. There is a term named extrinsic incentive, which refers to something brought from the outside world stimulates the motivation of people to drive people to do their work better. Investing more for the benefits of the faculty is an expression of the extrinsic incentive, which allows the faculty to keep their education quality in the classes. And advance of teaching quality will spontaneously bring the prestige of the universities.

Admittedly, spending on the construction,making the universities more grandiose, will take notice initially, but it is not a steady strategy for the universities in the long-run because only the education is essential for students. To this end, the universities must recruit the well-respected faculty.

All in all, after comparing the advantages and drawbacks between these two choices, I still give my stalwart support that investing in keeping the faculty satisfied is more more vital for the universities.

September 1, 2020 at 9:20 pm

Score: 50.9

Issues:

1. Lengthy essay. The optimal length of a TOEFL essay is 300 – 320 words. Shorten your essay.
    2. About 50% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    3. About 30% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.