It is more important to give students prizes and awards for effort (trying, working hard) than for achievement (success, good grades).

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing It is more important to give students prizes and awards for effort (trying, working hard) than for achievement (success, good grades).

• jim
    University: Nansha
    Nationality: China
    October 9, 2021 at 1:41 pm

It is more important to give students prizes and awards for effort (trying, working hard) than for achievement (success, good grades).

Awards and prizes play an indispensable role in helping students to establish a sense of confidence and pride since it is a direct proof of students’ performance and hard work I do believe that it is even more crucial to give students recognition for their efforts and working hard than for achievements.

Merely because students are unable to reach the top-tier in academics does not necessarily mean that they do not deserve an award from teachers and the school. To clarify, to advance students’ academic comprehension and competency in society, many schools begin to require students to take college-level courses such as Advanced Placement and A-Level before they step into the next stage of education. Schools successfully help students admit to the most selective institutions. However, in fact, not every student is able to perform well in such college-level courses, a case in which teachers should not ignore those students’ efforts, trying, and hard work in pursuing success. I would like to take myself as an example. Two years ago, I took an Advanced Placement Chemistry course in high school. While I’m trying my best to participate in the class activities and experiment, during the process of taking the class, my mind will gradually go blank. However, I never try to give up this class, I always seek help from my chemistry teacher during her office hour every single school day. Although I devoted myself to practice a lot of questions, I got a B+ in most of my tests, a case in which made me feel quite stressed. Thus, I have never ever think about my chemistry teacher will give me a prize. One day, during the school assembly before the AP Exam, my chemistry give me a public shout-out in front of the whole student and teacher body. I was amazed and stimulated by that compliment. Since then, I worked even harder and achieve a respectable score in the final exam. Also, because of the prize from my chemistry, I gradually recognize myself and was released from the pressure of being unable to earn a good grade.

October 10, 2021 at 3:07 am

Unqualified for review/revision [Restrict each paragraph to 90 words.]