It is more important to keep old friends than it is to make new friends.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing It is more important to keep old friends than it is to make new friends.

• Anonymous
    May 22, 2019 at 9:10 am

In my opinion, keeping old friends is much more important than making new ones. This belief is based on several facts and thoughts all of them are built both on my life experience and history of society.

First of all, it is a real treasure in life to have someone to rely on during the unavoidable difficult moments in life. Old friends usually have already proved that they can be relied upon. If your family are in trouble and you need urgent help you never call just acquired new friend you always call your old friend. This is even can be seen through the Russian proverb ‘One old friend is better than two new ones”

The second reason is that old friends give a unique opportunity to have a long history of shared memories that are always fun to remember together. Only with time, we develop this belief that all stories we consider interesting and laughable are really understood by another person. I am really touched by all those warm moments when I sat with my old friends and we remembered what we had done together, some crazy stuff, five or even ten years ago.

The last but not the least reason is that we, humans, are all social animals and we need relationships we deem to be close enough to feel some true meaning in life. A new friend cannot give that. There are a lot of stories told about people on the edge to death whose one of the main regrets is the limited time they spend with their true friends.

Actually, it should be added that there are many benefits of getting new friends both from a personal or practical perspective. Someone even says that we die when we stop trying to get a new friend. But, nevertheless, I could give many more reasons or real-life examples proving that keeping an old friend matters more than making new ones.

May 23, 2019 at 2:55 am

Score: 75.2

Suggestions for Improvement

1. Convert passive-voice sentences into their active counterparts;
    2. Shorten/split sentences exceeding 20 words;
    3. Maintain consistency in person (you frequent change first, 2nd and 3rd person).

Problems Highlight

In my opinion, keeping old friends is much more important than making new ones. This belief is based on several facts and thoughts [Grammatical Error]all of them are built both on my life experience and history of society.

First of all, it is a real treasure in life to have someone to rely on during the unavoidable [Incorrect word choice] difficult moments in life. Old friends usually have already proved that they can be relied upon[Ending a sentence with preposition]. If your family are in trouble and you need urgent help [Grammatical Error]you never call just [Article Error]acquired new friend you always call your old friend. [Verbose] This is even can be seen through the Russian proverb ‘One old friend is better than two new ones[punctuation error]

The second reason is that old friends give a unique opportunity to have a long history of shared memories that are always fun to remember together. Only with time, we develop this belief that all stories we consider interesting and laughable are really understood by another person.[Verbose] I am [Grammatical Error] really[Unnecessary Adverb] touched by all those warm moments when I sat with my old friends [Grammatical Error]and we remembered what we had done together, some crazy stuff, five or even ten years ago.[Verbose]

The last but not the least reason is that we, humans, are all social animals and we need relationships we deem to be close enough to feel some true meaning in life.[Verbose] A new friend cannot give that. There are a lot of stories told about people on the edge to death whose one of the main regrets is the limited time they spend with their true friends.[Verbose]

Actually, [Unnecessary Adverb]it should be added that there are many benefits of getting new friends both from a personal or practical perspective. Someone even says that we die when we stop trying to get a new friend. But, nevertheless,[Repetition] I could give many more reasons or real-life examples proving that keeping an old friend matters more than making new ones.[Verbose]

Comment: There are more errors than those highlighted ones; please rewrite and resubmit your revised essay.