It is more important to keep your old friends than it is to make new friends. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. 

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing It is more important to keep your old friends than it is to make new friends. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. 

• fszhuangb
    University: SWU
    Nationality: ChoingQing
    November 20, 2019 at 8:53 am

TOEFL TPO3: It is more important to keep your old friends than it is to make new friends. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. 

Nowadays, people have more opportunities to make new friends. Some people think that it’s more important to make new friends than keep their old friends. However, I firmly believe that old friends have special meaning to ourselves and we shouldn’t abandon them.

First of all, old friends share mutual memories with us that we can’t forget. Thus, chatting with our old friends is very agreeable, which is a very important factor to our life.

For instance, an old friend of mine named Fletcher lost communication with me for several years since we graduate from our elementary school. An incidental occasion, I got his WeChat number which is a chatting software like Skype, and we restart our communication. This “lost and found” old friend makes me feel very happy and we talk almost everyday through WeChat. Talking with him recalls me numerous memory about my childhood and our delighted memories. Thus, old friends can make us feel cheerful about our life, while new friends can’t make it.

Furthermore, old friends know us more than new friends. Many old friends had lived with us for a long time, which makes them understand what kind of person we are, therefore it’s easier for them to understand our opinion about life, study, etc.

According to a recent survey conducted by China People’s Right Association(CPRA), sixty percent of the respondents confessed that they prefer to sharing experience, opinion with their old friends rather than people they just know. From this survey we can find that old friends are more likely to be the one who can understand us.

Also, one of the respondents said that he would like to ask his old friends to go for a drink and chitchat every weekend. Consequently, with the rapid development of modern society, it is more and more difficulty for people to find his intimate friends, which makes old friends very valuable.

In conclusion, keeping old friends will be more important. On the one hand, old friends share mutual memories with us. On the other hand, old friends can understand us more than new friends.

November 21, 2019 at 10:29 pm

Score: 63

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.