It is more important to keep your old friends than it is to make new friends.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing It is more important to keep your old friends than it is to make new friends.

• fanxy
    University: Zhejiang University
    Nationality: Chinese
    March 22, 2021 at 12:05 pm

It is more important to keep your old friends than it is to make new friends.

Friends are crucial to our daily life because they act as outlets for venting our emotions. Without friends, we can only keep feelings by ourselves. Digesting feelings alone will contribute to depression and a black mood. Some people value keeping old friends more than meeting new friends. But I disagree with this opinion. In my perspective, making new friends is at least as vital as maintaining old ones.

Making acquaintances with different people can broaden our horizons. People can acquire brand new knowledge and access another type of life through new friends. There is no doubt that dealing with people with who you are familiar is comfortable. You know each other’s likes and dislikes. But making new friends is what brings you fresh experience and bridges you to an entirely different world. For example, I met my friend Christina last summer. Christina majored in Classical Music, and I was a financial student, surrounded by friends majoring in Finance. She told me about Beethoven, Bach, and Paganini. She took me to the concert and enjoyed the melodious music. Instead of immersing myself in the maths world all day long, Christina let me glance at the wonderful life of art.

Making new friends is an indispensable social skill. In the process of building relationships with a stranger, one can foster his/her communication ability. Old friends know you well, so you don’t have to consider your words. When talking to new friends, you need to choose topics and words carefully. This progress may sharpen your observation and communication skills. My Korean teacher Alex is an outgoing lady who likes traveling around to make new friends. She is talkative as well as accommodating. It is because of these traits that she has developed closer relationships with students.

In a nutshell, we cannot exaggerate the value of keeping old friends and ignore the advantages of cultivating friendships with strangers.

March 22, 2021 at 8:39 pm

Friends are crucial to our daily life because they act as outlets for venting our emotions. Without friends, we can only keep feelings by [preposition error   ] ourselves. Digesting [word choice error   ] feelings alone will contribute [ zero conditional  ] to (depression and a black mood) [ repetitive  ]. Some people value keeping old friends more than meeting new friends. But I disagree with this opinion. In my perspective, making new friends is at least as vital as maintaining old ones.

(Making acquaintances with different people) [wrong phrase   ] can broaden our horizons. People [ inconsistent in person  ] can acquire brand new knowledge and access another type of life through new friends. There is no doubt that( dealing with) [ wrong phrase/deal with means to handle and resolve something  ] people with who [ wrong pronoun  ] you are familiar [ grammatical error  ] is comfortable. You [inconsistency in person   ]know each other’s likes and dislikes. But making new friends is what brings you fresh experience and bridges you [ inconsistent in person  ] to an entirely different world.( For example, I met my friend Christina last summer. Christina majored in Classical Music, ) [ choppy sentence  ]and I was a financial [wrong word   ] student, surrounded by friends majoring in Finance. (She told me about Beethoven, Bach, and Paganini. She) [ choppy sentence  ] took me to the concert and enjoyed the [article error   ] melodious music. (Instead of immersing myself in the maths world all day long, Christina) [dangling sentence   ] let me glance at the wonderful life of art.

Making new friends is an indispensable social skill. In the process of building relationships [ word form error  ]with a stranger, one can foster his/her communication ability. Old friends know you [ inconsistent in person  ] well, so you don’t have to consider your words. When talking to new friends, you [ inconsistent in person  ] need to choose topics and words carefully. This progress may sharpen your observation and communication skills. My Korean teacher Alex is an outgoing lady who likes traveling around to make new friends. She is talkative [ ,  ] as well as accommodating. It is because of [ wordy/for  ]these traits that she has developed closer relationships with students.

In a nutshell, we cannot exaggerate the value of keeping old friends and ignore the advantages of cultivating friendships with strangers.