It is more important to keep your old friends than it is to make new friends. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing It is more important to keep your old friends than it is to make new friends. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• njudu
    University: Nanjing University
    Nationality: China
    May 9, 2021 at 3:09 pm

It is more important to keep your old friends than it is to make new friends. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

People are not alone in everyday events, and most of us will make friends. Some prefer to keep old friends because they value these friends as the most precious. But as people begin a new stage, for example, going to the university or getting a new job, they will encounter new people. Under these conditions, I believe making new friends is more important.

At university, new friends could become helpful than the old ones. During the first year at university, I got numerous help from new friends concerning courses and community activities. These supports, which my old friends cannot provide since they were at other schools, have prevented me from getting into unnecessary difficulties. Moreover, the benefit of new friends in the face of psychological problems may seem essential. I would favor sharing my feelings face-to-face with new friends, especially when stuck in depression because sometimes waiting for old friends’ online replies would be too long. If I had not recovered in time, I might develop phycological trauma.

The second reason behind getting new friends lies in an enlarged social network in terms of work. Given such a factor, the talk of only keeping old friends could be silly. Old friends may only supply limited resources and opportunities. Instead, the larger the friend circle, the more and better the chances you probably obtain finding a good job. Also, those new friends who possess rich experience working with us could help improve our workability. But what about the old ones who work in other businesses? They may even have no knowledge about our work. For this reason, making new friends has advantages over old ones.

In conclusion, new friends can be more valuable than old ones in specific situations. But in my opinion, making new friends do not contradict keeping the old ones. We often remain in touch with old friends while expanding our network.

May 9, 2021 at 9:02 pm

People are not alone in everyday events[ unclear  ], and most of us will make friends. Some prefer to keep old friends because they value these friends as the most precious. But as people begin a new stage [ in their lives  ], for example, going to the university or getting a new job, they will encounter new people. (Under these conditions, I)[ dangling  ] believe making new friends is more important.

At university, new friends could( become helpful than)[ grammatical error  ] the old ones. During the first year at university, I got( numerous help)[   grammatical error] (from new friends concerning courses and community activities)[confusing   ]. These supports, which my old friends cannot[ grammatical error  ] provide since they were at other schools, have[ grammatical error  ] prevented me from getting into unnecessary difficulties. Moreover, the benefit of new friends in the face of psychological problems may seem essential. I would favor sharing my feelings face-to-face with new friends, especially when stuck in depression because sometimes waiting for old friends’ online replies would be too long[  lengthy, unclear sentence ]. If I had not recovered in time, I might develop phycological trauma.

The second reason behind getting new friends lies in an enlarged social network (in terms of work)[ unclear  ]. Given such a factor, the talk of only keeping old friends could be silly. Old friends may only supply limited resources and opportunities. Instead[wrong adverb   ], the larger the friend circle, the more and better the chances you probably obtain [in   ]finding a good job. Also, those new friends who possess (rich experience working)[dangling   ] with us could help improve our workability[ wrong word  ]. But what about the old ones[ unclear pronoun  ] who work in other businesses? They may even have no knowledge about our work. For this reason, making new friends has advantages over old ones.

In conclusion, new friends can be more valuable than old ones in specific situations. But in my opinion, making new friends do[ grammatical error  ] not contradict [ preposition error  ]keeping the old ones. We often remain in touch with old friends while expanding our network.

njudu
    University: Nanjing University
    Nationality: China
    May 10, 2021 at 2:28 pm

People are not alone when growing up, and most of us make friends. Some prefer to keep old friends because they value these friends as the most precious. But many, as they begin a new stage in their lives, will probably stay away from old friends. To me, making new friends is more important after starting different periods such as entering university or getting a new job.

At university, new friends could become more helpful than the old ones. During the first year at university, new friends often helped me in courses and community activities. I rarely received such supports from old friends since they were at other schools. Moreover, the benefit of new friends in the face of psychological problems may seem essential. I favored sharing my feelings face-to-face with new friends at college, especially when stuck in depression. Doing so allowed me recovered in time because waiting for old friends’ online consolation could be too long.

The second reason behind getting new friends lies in an enlarged social network, which is beneficial to finding jobs. Given such a factor, the talk of only keeping old friends could be silly. They may only supply limited resources and opportunities. By comparison, the larger the friend circle, the more and better the chances we probably obtain in finding a good job. Also, those skilled new friends working with us may help in our work projects. But what about the old friends doing business in other companies? They may even not know about our jobs. For this reason, making new friends has advantages over old ones.

In conclusion, new friends can be more valuable than old ones in specific situations. But in my opinion, making new friends and keeping the old ones are not contradictory. We often remain in touch with old friends while expanding our network.

May 16, 2021 at 9:09 pm

People are not alone when growing up [ makes no sense ], and most of us make friends. Some prefer to keep old friends because they value these friends as the most precious. But many, as they begin a new stage in their lives, will probably stay away from old friends. To me, making new friends is more important after (starting different periods)[unclear  ] such as entering university or getting a new job.

At university, new friends could become more helpful than the old ones. During the first year at university, new friends often helped me in courses and community activities. I rarely received such supports[ word form error ] from old friends since they were at other schools. Moreover, the benefit of [ having ]new friends in the face of psychological problems may seem essential. I favored[wrong word  ] sharing my feelings face-to-face with new friends at college, especially when stuck in depression. Doing so allowed me recovered [grammatical error  ]in time because waiting for old friends’ online consolation could be too long.

The second reason behind getting new friends lies in an enlarged social network, which is beneficial to finding jobs. Given such a factor, the talk of only keeping old friends could be silly. They may only supply limited resources and opportunities. By comparison, the larger the friend circle [ is ], the more and better the chances we probably obtain in finding a good job. Also, those skilled new friends working with us may help in our work projects. But what about the old friends doing business in other companies? They may even not know about our jobs. For this reason, making new friends has advantages over old ones.

In conclusion, new friends can be more valuable than old ones in specific situations. But in my opinion, making new friends and keeping the old ones are not contradictory. We often remain in touch with old friends while expanding our network.

May 16, 2021 at 9:16 pm

Final revision

Tagged: