It is more important to keep your old friends than it is to make new friends. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing It is more important to keep your old friends than it is to make new friends. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• hhrobinnary
    University: Tsinghua University
    Nationality: Chinese
    July 27, 2021 at 3:27 pm

It is more important to keep your old friends than it is to make new friends. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Friends make up an essential part of our life. However the relationship between friends is always varying by time. Personally, I believe that it is more important to maintain the relationship with old friends.

To begin with, old friends are always more willing to offer help to us. We spent more time or even important parts of our lives with our old friends. So they probably know us better and are more sympathetic to us than any others else. My personal experience always reminds me of this. After I graduated from high school, I went to a university two thousand kilometers away from my hometown. It was my first time to be away from home and I didn’t get used to life there. That’s why I got a stomachache soon after admission. I asked my roommates who I thought we had become friends for help, but they were going to their classes. Finally, it was my former classmate that asked for leave sent me to the hospital by taxi. I would never forget to be grateful for him.

Furthermore, seeking for new friends is always an exhausting work which is paid little. Possible candidates to be friends are always rare, as they should have similar hobbies and personal view of the world. For instance, I tried to make friends in many places, such as optional classes and sports clubs. The first glances were always appealing. The common topics could travel from South Africa to Eastern Europe. It seemed that the only obstacle to being best friends was time. However, a week or a month would probably deplete all the passion. In fact, people do not become friends often because they are not compatible. So it is better to cherish old friends, since they prove to be an important part of our lives.

In conclusion, I strongly believe that we should focus more on retaining the relationship with old friends rather than making new friends. This is because old friends are more likely to offer us help and are more likely to be more compatible with us in everyday lives.

July 27, 2021 at 3:38 pm

Friends make up an essential part of our life. However [ punctuation error  ]the relationship between friends (is [dull BE verb   ]always [ zero conditional  ]varying)[ often changes  ] by time. Personally,[ redundant  ] I believe that (it is)[ wordy; maintaining a positive relationship with …is  ] more important to maintain the relationship with old friends.

To begin with, old friends are always[  zero conditional ] more willing to offer help to us. We spent[ grammatical error  ] more time[ punctuation error  ] or even important parts of our lives [  punctuation error ]with our old friends. [ punctuation error with coordinating conjunction  ]So they probably know us better (and are)[ structural problem  ] more sympathetic to us than any others else. My personal experience always reminds me of this. After I graduated from high school, I went to a university two thousand kilometers away from my hometown. It was my first time to be away from home and I didn’t get used to life there. That’s why I got a stomachache soon after admission. I asked my roommates who I thought we had become friends for help, but they were going to their classes. Finally, it was my former classmate that asked for leave sent me to the hospital by taxi. I would never forget to be grateful for him.

Furthermore, seeking for new friends is always an exhausting work which is paid little. Possible candidates to be friends are always rare, as they should have similar hobbies and personal view of the world. For instance, I tried to make friends in many places, such as optional classes and sports clubs. The first glances were always appealing. The common topics could travel from South Africa to Eastern Europe. It seemed that the only obstacle to being best friends was time. However, a week or a month would probably deplete all the passion. In fact, people do not become friends often because they are not compatible. So it is better to cherish old friends, since they prove to be an important part of our lives.

In conclusion, I strongly believe that we should focus more on retaining the relationship with old friends rather than making new friends. This is because old friends are more likely to offer us help and are more likely to be more compatible with us in everyday lives.

July 27, 2021 at 3:44 pm

Partial Revision [ fix same/similar problems/errors and resubmit your essay.]

hhrobinnary
    July 27, 2021 at 4:27 pm

Friends make up an essential part of our life. However, the relationship between friends often changes over time. I believe that maintaining a positive relationship with old friends is more important.

To begin with, old friends are more willing to offer help to us. We have spent more time, or even important parts of our lives, with our old friends. Consequently, they probably know us better and they are more sympathetic to us than others. My personal experience is a compelling example of this. After I graduated from high school, I went to a university two thousand kilometers away from my hometown. I had never been away from home so I didn’t get used to life there. That’s why I got a stomachache soon after admission. I asked one of my roommates, who I thought we had become friends, for help. However, he was going to his classes. At last, it was my friend since childhood that asked for leave and sent me to the hospital by taxi. I would never forget to be grateful to him.

Furthermore, seeking for new friends is an exhausting work while it is paid little. Possible candidates to be friends are rare, as they are supposed to have similar hobbies and points of views of the world. For instance, I have tried to make friends in optional classes or sports clubs. The first glances were definitely appealing. The common topics could go from physics to geography. It seemed that the only obstacle to becoming best friends was time. However, a week or a month would probably deplete all the passion. In fact, people do not become friends typically because they are just not compatible. Therefore, old friends are undoubtedly cherishable, since they prove to be an important part of our lives.

In conclusion, I firmly believe that we should be more focused on retaining a positive relationship with old friends rather than making new friends. This is because old friends are more likely to offer help to us and are more compatible with us in everyday lives.

July 28, 2021 at 10:46 am

Friends make up (are) an essential part of our life. However, the (delete) relationships between friends often changes (verb form error) over time (combine the two previous sentences into one). (Add a transition phrase) I believe that maintaining a positive relationship with old friends is more important (more important than what?).

To begin with (First), old friends are more willing to offer help to us (help us). We have spent more time, or even (and) important parts of our lives, (remove commas) with our old friends (combine the two previous sentences into one). Consequently, they probably (delete) know us better and they (delete) are more sympathetic to us than others. My personal experience is a compelling example of this. After I graduated from high school, I went to a university two thousand kilometers away from my hometown. I had never been away from home (add comma) so I didn’t (avoid conjunctions) get used to life there. That’s (avoid conjunctions) why I got a stomachache soon after admission (combine the two previous sentences into one). I asked one of my roommates (a roommate), who I thought we had become friends (was a friend), for help. However, he was busy and had to go to his classes. At last, it was my friend since childhood that asked for leave (my childhood friend took time out of his schedule) and sent me to the hospital by taxi. I would never forget to be grateful to him. (delete)

Furthermore, seeking for (delete) new friends is an (delete) exhausting work while it is paid little (and it rarely pays off). Possible candidates to be (Potential new) friends are rare, as they are supposed to have similar hobbies and points of views (view) of the world (delete). For instance, I have tried to make friends in optional (delete) classes or sports clubs. The first glances were definitely appealing. The common topics could go from physics to geography. (these sentences are too short and contain little additional information) It seemed that the only obstacle to becoming best friends was time. However, a week or a month would probably deplete all the passion. (unclear) In fact, people do not become friends typically because they are just (delete) not compatible. Therefore, old friends are undoubtedly (delete) cherishable, since they prove to be an important part of our lives.

In conclusion, I firmly believe that we should be more focused on retaining (maintaining) a positive relationship with old friends rather than making new friends. This is because old friends are more likely to offer help to us (delete) and are more compatible with us in everyday lives (delete).

Work on simplifying your writing to make it more clear, there are many points in this writing where there are additional words or sentences that only detract from the clarity.

Final Revision

hhrobinnary
    July 28, 2021 at 1:27 pm

Friends are an essential part of our life, but it is difficult to sustain relationships between friends since they often change over time. Thus, I believe that maintaining a positive relationship with old friends should be given priority.

First, old friends are more willing to help us since we have spent more time and important parts of our lives with our old friends. Consequently, they know us better and are more sympathetic to us than others. My personal experience is a compelling example of this. After I graduated from high school, I went to a university two thousand kilometers away from my hometown. I had never been away from home, so I did not get used to life there and got a stomachache soon after admission. I asked a roommate, who I thought was a friend, for help. However, he was busy and had to go to his classes. At last, my childhood friend took time out of his schedule and sent me to the hospital by taxi.

Furthermore, seeking new friends is exhausting work and it rarely pays off. Potential new friends are rare, as they are supposed to have similar hobbies and points of view. For instance, I have tried to make friends in classes or sports clubs. At the beginning, we chatted about physics and geography during the lunch time. After that, we met in the dormitory for a game of card or chess. Everything seemed fine until we did not want to hang out together sometime, and the friendship broke down suddenly. In fact, people do not become friends typically because they are not compatible. Therefore, old friends are cherishable, since they prove to be an important part of our lives.

In conclusion, I firmly believe that we should be more focused on maintaining a positive relationship with old friends rather than making new friends. This is because old friends are more likely to offer help and are more compatible with us.

July 28, 2021 at 4:02 pm

Friends are an essential part of our life, but it is difficult to sustain relationships between friends since they[ unclear pronoun  ] often change over time. Thus, I believe that maintaining a positive relationship with old friends should be given priority.

First, old friends are more willing to help us since we have spent more time and important parts of our lives with our old friends[ them  ] . Consequently, they know us better and are more sympathetic to us than others. My personal experience is a compelling example of this. After I [ had  ] graduated from high school, I went to a university two thousand kilometers away from my hometown. I had never been away from home, so I did not get used to[ article error  ] life there and got a stomachache soon after admission. I asked a roommate, who I thought was a friend, for help. However, he was busy and had to go to his classes. At last, my childhood friend took time out of his schedule and sent me to the hospital by taxi.

Furthermore, seeking new friends is exhausting work and it rarely pays off. Potential new friends are rare, as they are supposed to have similar hobbies and points of view. For instance, I have tried to make friends in classes or sports clubs. At [  In ] the beginning, we chatted about physics and geography during (the lunch time) [ lunchtime  ] . After that, we met in the dormitory for a game of card or chess. Everything [ had  ] seemed fine until we did not want to hang out together sometime[unclear   ] , and the friendship broke down suddenly. In fact, people do not become friends typically because they are not compatible. Therefore, old friends are cherishable, since they prove to be an important part of our lives.

In conclusion, I firmly believe that we should be more focused on maintaining a positive relationship with old friends rather than making new friends. This is because old friends are more likely to offer help and are more compatible with us.

July 28, 2021 at 4:09 pm

Final revision.

hhrobinnary
    July 29, 2021 at 6:58 am

Friends are an essential part of our life, but it is difficult to sustain connections between friends since relationships often change over time. Thus, I believe that maintaining a positive relationship with old friends should be given priority.

First, old friends are more willing to help us since we have spent more time and important parts of our lives with them. My personal experience is a compelling example of this. After I had graduated from high school, I went to a university two thousand kilometers away from my hometown. I had never been away from home, so I did not get used to the life there and got a stomachache soon after admission. I asked a roommate, who I thought was a friend, for help. However, he was busy and had to go to his classes. At last, my childhood friend took time out of his schedule and sent me to the hospital by taxi.

Furthermore, seeking new friends is exhausting work and it rarely pays off. Potential new friends are rare, as they are supposed to have similar hobbies and points of view. For instance, I have tried to make friends in classes or sports clubs. In the beginning, we chatted about physics and geography during lunchtime. After that, we met in the dormitory for a game of card or chess. Everything had seemed fine until the enthusiasm went out sometime, and the friendship broke down suddenly. In fact, people do not become friends typically because they are not compatible. Therefore, old friends are cherishable, since they prove to be an important part of our lives.

July 29, 2021 at 2:59 pm

Sorry, I will not work on a revised essay subsequent to the indication of ‘final revision.’