It is more important to keep your old friends than to make new friends.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing It is more important to keep your old friends than to make new friends.

• Davied Beckham
    University: Wuhan University
    Nationality: CHN
    October 25, 2019 at 5:51 pm

TOEFL Writing Topic: It is more important to keep your old friends than to make new friends.

Nowaday, there is a widespread belief that it is important to make new friends. However, from my perspective, it is more important to keep our old friends. In the first place, old friends could provide valuable suggestions when we come across difficulties. As is known to all, old friends know us better, and thus, they can provide more suitable suggestions for us. In contrast, the new friends do not know so much about us, so it is not so likely for them to provide such praticle advise.Take my experience as an example, last month when I played badminton with my old friend Tom and my neighborhood. At first, I always missed the shuttlecocks and I felt depressd. After several rounds, I would like to give up, while Tom told that I should not give up so easily, and instead, I should find out the problems and try to solve them. After discussing with Tom, I realized the problems. I always paid little attention to my classmate and the inefficient teamwork led to my failure. I learnt about the importance of teamwork, quickly picked up confidence and enjoyed the game. Thanks to my old friend, Tom’s suggestion, I learnt important courses about life. Moreover, old friends are reliable when we get into trouble. As we all know, we have known our old friend for a long time and a close relationship has been bulit between us. When we getting into trouble, old friends are more likely to offer help. For example, when I was visiting around Shanghai myself on my summer vacation last year, my bag was stolen. I was so nervous at that time and did not what to do. Suddenly, I thought about my old friend living in Shanghai and I tried to call him. Surprisingly, he came and found me in serveral minutes and took me his home and helped me get my bags back, even though we have no contact for years. In conclusion, I believe keeping our old friends are more important due to the valuable advise and help they could give us.

October 27, 2019 at 1:25 am

Score: Ungraded

• Many sentences contain passive voice; try to use their active counterparts.
    • One paragraph contains more than the recommended maximum of 85 words. Shorten it!
    • Many sentences contain more than 20 words; try to shorten the sentences.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Davied Beckham
    October 27, 2019 at 4:46 am

Nowadays, there is a widespread belief that it is important to make new friends. However, from my perspective, it is more important to keep our old friends.

In the first place, old friends could provide valuable suggestions when we come across difficulties. As is known to all, old friends know us better, and thus, they can provide more suitable suggestions for us. In contrast, the new friends do not know so much about us, so it is not so likely for them to provide such practical advice. Take my experience as an example, last month when I played badminton with my old friend Tom and my neighborhood. At first, I always missed the shuttlecocks, and I felt depressed. After several rounds, I would like to give up, while Tom told to me that I should not give up easily, and instead, I should find out the problems and try to solve them.

After discussing with Tom, I realized the problems. I always paid little attention to my classmate, and the inefficient teamwork led to my failure. I learned about the importance of teamwork, quickly picked up confidence, and enjoyed the game. Thanks to my old friend, Tom’s suggestion, I learnt crucial courses about life.

Moreover, old friends are reliable when we get into trouble. As we all know, we have known our old friend for a long time, and a close relationship has been built between us. When we were getting into trouble, old friends are more likely to offer help.

For example, when I was visiting around Shanghai myself last summer vacation, my bag was stolen. I was so nervous at that time and did not what to do. Suddenly, I thought about my old friend living in Shanghai and I tried to call him. Surprisingly, he came and found me in several minutes and took me his home and helped me get my bags back, even though we have no contact for years.

In conclusion, I believe keeping our old friends are more considerable due to the valuable advice and help they could give us.

Davied Beckham
    October 28, 2019 at 4:16 pm

Nowadays, making new friends benefits people a lot, however, I prefer to keep my old friends.

In the first place, old friends could provide valuable suggestions when we come across difficulties. As is known to all, old friends know us for a longer time and thus their suggestions could always suit us better. In contrast, new friends, who knows less about us, may not give such practical advice. Take my experience as an instance, I have known Tom at a young age and last year we played badminton together with other classmates. At first, I always missed the shuttlecocks and felt depressed. After several rounds, I would like to give up, while Tom told to me that I should not give up so easily, instead, I should find out the problems and try to solve them.

After discussing with Tom, I realized that I always paid little attention to my teammates, and the inefficient teamwork led to my failure. I learned about the importance of teamwork, and quickly picked up my confidence and enjoyed the game. Tom’s suggestion helps me so much, and every time I come across difficulties, I would remember what Tom told to me: ”when life gets harder and you want to give up, remember that life is full of ups and downs, and without the downs, the ups mean nothing”.

Moreover, we could rely on our old friends when getting into trouble. After the test of time, the friendship between old friends and us become unbreakable and old friends could offer help to us even in emergency. For example, my bag got lost while I was visiting Shanghai alone last year. I was so nervous at that time that did not know what to do. I tried to send a message to one of my old friends, Jack, who moved to Shanghai years ago. Surprisingly enough, he immediately replied to me, and came to find me in several minutes. We came to police station for help and eventually we got my bag back on the bench in the park. It moved me so much for Jack came to me at once, even though we had not contact for years. The unchangeable friendship between old friends really impresses me a lot.

In conclusion, I believe that keeping our old friends is more considerate due to the valuable suggestions and the stable friendship.

October 28, 2019 at 10:20 pm

Score: ungraded

Nowadays, making new friends benefits people a lot, [ Punctuation error ] however, I prefer to keep my old friends.

In the first place, old friends could provide valuable suggestions when we come across difficulties. As is known to all, old friends know us for a longer time[ grammatical error ] and thus their suggestions could always [ absolute writing ] suit us better. In contrast, new friends, who knows [ grammatical error ] less about us, may not give us such practical advice. Take my experience as an instance[wrong phrase  ] , [punctuation error  ] I have known [grammatical error  ] Tom at a young age[  punctuation error] and last year we played badminton together with other classmates. At first, I always missed the shuttlecocks and felt depressed. [ lack of transitory word ] After several rounds, I would like to give up, while Tom told to[  grammatical error] me that I should not give up so easily, instead, I should find out the problems and try to solve them.[  wordy/split into two sentences]

After discussing with Tom, I realized that I always paid little attention to my teammates, and the inefficient teamwork led to my failure. [ lack of transitory word ] I learned about the importance of teamwork, and [  grammatical error/ check how to use coordinating words connecting sentences/clauses] quickly picked up my confidence and enjoyed the game. Tom’s suggestion helps [ grammatical error ] me so much, and that every time I come [ grammatical error ] across difficulties, I would remember what Tom told to [  grammatical error] me: ”when life gets harder and you want to give up, remember that life is full of ups and downs, and without the downs, the ups mean nothing”.

Moreover, we could rely on our old friends when getting into trouble. After the test of time, the [ article error ] friendship between old friends and us become [ grammatical error ] unbreakable [punctuation/coordinating word error  ] and old friends could offer help to us even in emergency. For example, my bag got lost while I was visiting Shanghai alone last year. I was so nervous at that time that [ grammatical error/lack of a subject ] did not know what to do. I tried to send a message to one of my old friends, Jack, who moved to Shanghai years ago. Surprisingly enough, he immediately replied to [ preposition error ] me, and [ grammatical error/check usage of coordinating words ] came to find me in several minutes. We came to [  article error] police station for help[ punctuation error in relation to coordinating words ] and eventually we got found my bag back on the bench in the park. It moved me so much for [ unclear preposition/since/because ] Jack came to me at once, [ punctuation error ] even though we had not contact[ grammatical error ] for years. The unchangeable friendship between old friends really impresses me a lot.

In conclusion, I believe that keeping our old friends is more considerate[ wrong word ] due to the valuable suggestions and the stable friendship.

Davied Beckham
    October 29, 2019 at 7:33 pm

Nowadays, making new friends benefits people a lot. However, I prefer to keep my old friends.

In the first place, old friends could provide valuable suggestions when we come across difficulties. As is known to all, We have known our old friends a long time and thus their suggestions could suit us better. In contrast, new friends, who know less about us, may not give us such practical advice. For instance, I knew Tom at a young age, and last year we played badminton together with other classmates. At first, I always missed the shuttlecocks and felt depressed. So after several rounds, I would like to give up, while Tom told me that I should not give up so easily. Instead he suggested that I should find out the problems and try to solve them.

After discussing with Tom, I realized that I always paid little attention to my teammates, and the inefficient teamwork led to my failure. I began to communicate more with my teammates, therefore, I picked up confidence and enjoyed the game. Tom’s suggestion impressed me so much that every time I come across difficulties, I would remember what Tom told me: ”when life gets harder and you want to give up, reember that life is full of ups and downs, and without the downs, the ups mean nothing”.

Moreover, we could rely on our old friends when getting into trouble. After the test of time, the friendship with old friends and usbecomes unbreakable. As a result, old friends could offer help to us even in emergency. For example, my bag got lost while I was visiting Shanghai alone last year. I felt so nervous because I put all my money there. I tried to send a message to one of my old friends, Jack, who moved to Shanghai years ago. Surprisingly enough, he immediately gave reply to me. We came to the police station for help. Eventually, we gotfound my bag backon the bench in the park. This experience moved me so much because Jack came to me at once even though we had not contacted for years. The unchangeable friendship between old friends really impresses me a lot.

In conclusion, I believe that keeping our old friends is more considerable due to the valuable suggestions and the stable friendship.

October 31, 2019 at 9:49 pm

Nowadays, [  unnecessary adverb  ] making new friends benefits people a lot. However, I prefer to keep my old friends.

In the first place, old friends could provide valuable suggestions when we come across difficulties. As is known to all[  redundant  ] , We[ spelling error   ] have known our old friends a long time and thus their suggestions could suit us better. In contrast, new friends, who know less about us, may not give us such practical advice. For instance, I knew Tom at a young age, and last year we played badminton together with other classmates. At first, I always missed the shuttlecocks and felt depressed. [  punctuation error with coordinating word  ] So after several rounds, I would like to give up, while Tom told me that I should not give up so easily. Instead [ punctuation error   ] he suggested that I should find out the problems and try to solve them.

After discussing with Tom, I realized that I always paid little attention to my teammates, and[  that  ] the inefficient teamwork led to my failure. I began to communicate more with my teammates, [ wrong adverb position/punctuation error   ] therefore, I picked up confidence and enjoyed the game. Tom’s suggestion impressed me so much that every time I come across difficulties, I would remember what Tom told me: ”[  punctuation error  ] when life gets harder and you want to give up, reember that life is full of ups and downs, and without the downs, the ups mean nothing”.[ lengthy sentence   ]

Moreover, we could rely on our old friends when getting into trouble. After the test of time, the friendship with old friends and usbecomes [  grammatical error  ] unbreakable. As a result, old friends could offer help to us even in [   article error ] emergency. For example, my bag got lost while I was visiting Shanghai alone[ unnecessary adverb   ] last year. I felt so nervous because I put all my money there. [  grammatical error  ] I tried to send a message to one of my old friends, Jack, who moved to Shanghai years ago. Surprisingly enough[  unnecessary adverb  ] , he immediately gave [article error    ] reply to me. We came [ wrong word   ] to the police station for help. Eventually, we gotfound [  grammatical error  ] my bag backon [  wrong spelling  ] the bench in the park. This experience moved me so much because Jack came to me at once even though we had not contacted for years. [ redundant   ] The unchangeable friendship between old friends really impresses me a lot.

In conclusion, I believe that keeping our old friends is more considerable[ wrong word   ] due to the valuable suggestions and the stable friendship.[  unclear  ]