It is more important to read or watch news presented by people whose views are different from your own than it is to read or watch news presented by those whose views are similar to your own.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing It is more important to read or watch news presented by people whose views are different from your own than it is to read or watch news presented by those whose views are similar to your own.

• Jane Sally
    University: Xiang Tan University
    Nationality: China
    February 20, 2021 at 2:36 am

It is more important to read or watch news presented by people whose views are different from your own than it is to read or watch news presented by those whose views are similar to your own.

Nowadays, with the development of technology, we can watch news through phone.However, there exists a phenomenon that the news we watched are usually the same kind;that kind we like or have the same opinion on issues.Yet, I think it is more important to read or watch news presented by people whose views are different.Summarize reasons as a thesis.

To begin with, reading or watching news of views unlike ours can help us think critically rather than only see things from a single angle.Only accepting the same idea can limit the width of thinking.Take my debate experience for example, to prepare for it, not only did I need to search for points supporting my view, but also I need to think about what my opponent would say to criticize my view. Seeing things in a diverse way can make our reasoning more pervasive and convincing.

Second, the ability of abondoning the stereotype can be learned by holding different views.Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is such a good example who has this kind of ability.At that time, most people thought women should be treated diffrently as men.Instead of obeying to other people’s persuasion of only doing what women “should” do, Ginsburg contributed her life to social equality.Finally, many women started to have the same chances as men in many feilds.

Third, although reading or watching news of the same view as ourselves would be easy to accept, it would limit the depth of thinking.Without the depth of thinking, many factory owners only think about the temporary interests while ignoring the long-term benefits.Finally, they reaped the bitter consequence of lacking the depth of thinking.From above, we can conclude that the depth of thinking determines where we could go.

In summary, I strongly agree that it is more important to read or watch news presented by people whose views are different.Considering the width and depth of thinking and the openness we can get, reading or watching news of different views benefits us in the long term.

February 21, 2021 at 12:34 am

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 85% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Simplify or split them. (TOEFL/IELTS: 15%- qualifies for non-software revision; 30% applies to GRE writing)
    2. About 60% of the sentences are passive; convert them into their active counterparts. (10%- qualifies for non-software TOEFL/IELTS/GRE writing revision );

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Jane Sally
    February 21, 2021 at 10:13 am

Nowadays, via technology, we can read or watch the news as freely as we like. However, there exists a phenomenon that the latest information we watched is homogeneous; that kind we like or have agreements on. To me, it is more important to read or watch news presented by people whose views are different. Summarize reasons as a thesis.

Reading or watching news of different views helps us think in a critical way, rather than from a single angle. Only accepting the same idea can limit the width of thinking. Remember I used to participate in a debate competition. Not only did I need to search for points supporting my view, but I need to consider my opponent’s argumentative contents. Seeing things in a diverse way can make our reasoning more pervasive and convincing.

Second, we can obtain the ability of abandoning the stereotype by holding different views. Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is such a good example of this. At that time, most people thought women can only do what they ”should” do. Instead of accepting those people’s bias, Ginsburg contributed her life to social equality. Finally, many women started to have the same chances as men in many fields.

Third, while reading or watching news of similar views is easy to accept, it would limit the depth of thinking. Without the depth of thinking, many factory owners only think about the temporary interests while ignoring the long-term benefits. Finally, they reaped the bitter consequence of lacking the depth of thinking. From above, we can conclude that the depth of thinking determines where we could go.

In summary, I agree that it is more important to read or watch news presented by people whose views are different. Considering the comprehensiveness and the openness we can get, reading or watching news of different views can benefit us consistently.

February 22, 2021 at 1:52 am

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 15% of the sentences are passive; convert them into their active counterparts. (10%- qualifies for non-software TOEFL/IELTS/GRE writing revision );
    2. Wordy sentences;
    3. Extensive grammatical errors.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Jane Sally
    February 24, 2021 at 2:24 am

Nowadays, via technology, we can read or watch the news as freely as we like. And soon we find that the latest information we watched is homogeneous; that kind we enjoy or agree with. Yet, I think it is more important to read or watch news presented by people whose views are different. Summarize reasons as a thesis.

Reading or watching news of different views helps us think critically, rather than from a single angle. Only accepting the same idea can limit the width of thinking. Remember I used to participate in a debate competition. Not only did I need to search for points supporting my view, but I need to consider my opponent’s argumentative contents. Seeing things comprehensively can make our reasoning more pervasive and convincing.

Second, we can learn to abandon the stereotype by holding different views. Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is such a good example of this. At that time, most people thought women could only do what they ”should” do. Instead of being a member of them, Ginsburg contributed her life to social equality. Finally, many women started to have the same chances as men in many fields.

Third, while reading or watching news of similar views is easy to accept, it would limit thinking depth. Without it, many factory owners only think about the temporary interests while ignoring the long-term benefits. Finally, they reaped the bitter consequence of lacking this thinking ability. From above, we can conclude that the depth of thinking determines where we could go.

In summary, I agree that it is more important to read or watch news holding different views with us. Considering the comprehensiveness and the openness we can get, reading or watching news of different views can benefit us consistently.

February 24, 2021 at 3:25 am

On hold [All sentences are problematic.]