Claim: It is no longer possible for a society to regard any living man or woman as a hero. Reason: The reputation of anyone who is subjected to media scrutiny will eventually be diminished.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. GRE Writing Claim: It is no longer possible for a society to regard any living man or woman as a hero. Reason: The reputation of anyone who is subjected to media scrutiny will eventually be diminished.

• Wang qin
    University: KyungHee university
    Nationality: China
    May 27, 2020 at 12:16 am

Claim: It is no longer possible for a society to regard any living man or woman as a hero. Reason: The reputation of anyone who is subjected to media scrutiny will eventually be diminished.

here is an argument that in modern society, living man or woman are hard to be regarded as a hero, for under the scrutiny of mass media, the reputation of a people will be diminished. For me, I totally disagree with the conclusion, and consequence relationship between the reason and conclusion. but I partly agree with the idea of the reason.

It is unnecessary that the reputation of a people will be dwindled with the scrutiny of mass media. I admit that there are some media prefer to report the drawback of some celebrities, and this behavior could make those celebrities lose their good reputation. However, mass media that prefer to report good aspect of those famous people also exist. These media will not diminish the good reputation of those celebrities, instead ,the reputation of those celebrities will be enhanced with the report of this kind of media.

Besides, I believe that there is a weak relationship between the reputation of a people and whether or not he or she could be treated as a hero. Some people may do not have a good reputation, for example, the former chancellor of British, Churchill, many media report him as a men who prefer to say some empty world, but nobody could deny that he is a hero. Because it is he who play an important role on accelerating the winning of Second World war, and save a lot of life in the world. There are also some hero who do not have any reputation, for example, during this coronavirus-19 spreading, many nurses and doctors spend most of their time to save the life of infected people under the dangerous of being contagion. Some nurses or doctors even infected by the disease when they cure their patient. Nobody could deny that they are hero. But even nobody could know the name of those nurses or doctors. They have no reputation but this doesn’t means that they were not hero.

Therefore, there are still some hero now. The definition of hero should not be explained as a person who got a good reputation, but should be decided by what he or she had done. For example , if a teacher help a student who always overdrunk an live with no aim to discard those bad habits and finally become a student who love study and live with more ambition, that teacher will be regard as a hero. If a father do not only spend time on his work, and spend more time with his children ,making his family more harmony. He is also a hero.

In conclusion, medias are not always put their eyes on the drawback of celebrities, Some media will also report the merit of those famous people, which could help those celebrities acquire a good reputation. Meanwhile, reputation is not a factor to decide whether a people is a hero or not, there are more reasonable criteria to judge a hero, so hero definitely could be found in modern society.

May 29, 2020 at 9:44 pm

Invalid (Please complete the revision of one essay prior to submitting the next one.]