It’s better complete a project and then start another one than to do several things at the same time.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing It’s better complete a project and then start another one than to do several things at the same time.

• nifeng0721
    University: Sun Yat-sen University
    Nationality: China
    October 1, 2019 at 9:22 am

TOEFL Writing Topic: It’s better to complete a project and then start another one than to do several things at the same time.

In daily life, it is common that people with various occupations have to face lots of tasks and students in different age need to handle many assignments. With the purpose to solve obstacles we encountered, there is a burning debate over how to arrange time on multitasks. Someone holds that focusing on one project in specific periods of time help us achieve the goals perfectly, while others assert that multitasking benefits more. Personally, I prefer doing several tasks at the same time.

Firstly, working in separate time would be physically conducive to us. To begin with, the research shows that our physical minds and body need certain bits of resting after a long-term concentrating working. In this way, separately doing tough assignments with some inconsequential things, like tidying the files or answering e-mails, could help us refresh our brains physically and mentally. After reasonable amounts of relaxing events, our brains can contribute to significant projects again with great passion. So, allowing our minds breathe new air help us efficiently utilize certain amount of precious time to perform various tasks.

Secondly, handling cross-tasks makes us more efficient and concentrated than limiting one. Take my own experience as an example. Every semester, I have a tough time in final season because I have to prepare for several tests almost simultaneously. At first, I used to spend a few days only preparing my weak courses and occupied much less time to review my strong subjects. However, the results always turned to far away from what I expected. Because when I confronted lots of difficulties in math, I often didn’t review all chapters as I scheduled. When I became exhausted and boring about the math, I also had limited time and energy to prepare my strengths. But now, just like others, who divide time into several units to conquer different subjects, I combine my advantage curriculums with disadvantages ones. Consequently, the confidence and encouragement from reviewing literature inspire me to work out mathematic questions. By greatly saving the time that distracted or bored me, working in separate time stimulates me and attracts me.

October 1, 2019 at 9:45 pm

TOEFL Writing Topic: It’s better to complete a project and then start another one than to do several things at the same time.

Score: 55.7

Main problems include 1. lengthy paragraphs (restrict to 90 words for each paragraph) and lengthy sentences (split/shorten those exceeding 20 words.)

I will send you screenshots to illustrate issues/errors.

Regards,

Lin Qiu