Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It’s better to watch serious movies to get deeper thoughts than to watch movies that amuse or entertain you.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It’s better to watch serious movies to get deeper thoughts than to watch movies that amuse or entertain you.

• Abril
    University: Guangzhou University
    Nationality: China
    October 29, 2020 at 9:59 am

There are always tremendous kinds of movies to choose when we walk into the movie theater. So it is hard for me to make a choice. But usually I choose the comedy or movies. In my opinion, the definition of movie  is to entertain audiences and is an amusement.

To begin with, nowadays, movie became a economic way to earn money for people who spend a lot of energy on one movie, such as the actor,  director, scenarist, and the other staffs behind the creation of the movie. So, the commercial film, like the movie of Disney, are the dominant of the movie market which help the movie company get a large number of profits. In the interest-oriented film market, it is hard to find a favorable serious movie to watch when you search the row piece volume. For example, once I went to watch a documentary film about World Wall 2. We finally gave up to watch that movie because we could not find a available time to watch. So even thought I did have the willing to watch a serious movie, the objective condition didn’t allow me to watch.

Moreover, most people take movie as a entertainment when they are watching movie. From where I stand, I will watch movie when I want some relax or just, you know, for goof. So obviously, there are not people who will choose a serious movie when they want to have a rest. It takes time to digest the deep thoughts in the serious movie and it will make people feel stressful. For instance, at the first time I had a date with my boyfriend, we choice The Coords rather than a serious one.

Finally, movie doesn ’t the best choice when you’d like to learn some historic events or have a critical thoughts about something after watching the movie. For me, if I want to study something about a historic event or a celebrate, I prefer to watch a biography. Because the time of one movie is to short for me to have a thorough understanding.

November 2, 2020 at 5:14 pm

Invalid. Please revise your previous essay before submitting another.

December 5, 2020 at 3:27 am

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 50% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 20% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.
    3. Wordy – remove unnecessary words and phrases

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.