Learning English at school is often seen as more important than learning local languages. If these are not taught, many are at risk of dying out. In your opinion, is it important for everyone to learn English? Should we try to ensure the survival of local languages and, if so, how?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Learning English at school is often seen as more important than learning local languages. If these are not taught, many are at risk of dying out. In your opinion, is it important for everyone to learn English? Should we try to ensure the survival of local languages and, if so, how?

• A Dancing Van Gogh
    University: Xichang University
    Nationality: Chinese
    March 19, 2020 at 12:25 pm

Learning English at school is often seen as more important than learning local languages. If these are not taught, many are at risk of dying out. In your opinion, is it important for everyone to learn English? Should we try to ensure the survival of local languages and, if so, how?

People today hold different opinions about whether everybody should learn English or learn their local languages. In my view, learning English and protecting local languages are of both significance.

There are several reasons why I believe it is important for everyone to learn English, which is the language used around the world for communication, education, knowledge transfer, business etc. Firstly, English provides opportunities, allows people to access knowledge. For instance, the majority of universities in the world teach in English and students who should provide evidence of proficiency of English language are allowed to study there. Secondly, university students come from different countries across the world. English is the common language used to communicate and understand each other. Only students who have a good command of English can interact with others well. Moreover, learning English benefits employees from better-paying opportunities internationally. However, Not knowing English can exclude people from some opportunities, such as working in the branch company on aboard or negotiating with foreign colleagues and so forth. Hence, learning English is significant.

Nevertheless, we should attempt to conserve local languages, especially those in danger. Firstly, primary and middle school could offer local languages lessons as compulsory courses. Thus, every student would learn them from a young age and local languages could be passed down from generation to generation.

In addition, governments could allocate money to produce TV shows and films to publicise local languages and relevant culture. For example, creating a TV show to teach people local languages in a friendly and entertaining way, which could engage more people.

In conclusion, both English and local languages ​​are crucial, we should learn English well as well as ensuring the survival of local languages.

March 20, 2020 at 3:05 am

Invalid [I will not work on this essay until you complete the revision of your other essay.]

A Dancing Van Gogh
    March 26, 2020 at 8:00 am

People today spent a great deal of time on studying English while ignoring the local languages, some of which is dying. This does not mean that local languages are dispensable. In my view, learning English and protecting local languages are of both significance.

There are several reasons why I believe it is important for everyone to learn English, which is the language used around the world for communication, education, knowledge transfer, business etc. Firstly, English provides opportunities, allows people to access knowledge. For instance, the majority of universities in the world teach in English and students who should provide evidence of proficiency of English language are allowed to study there. Secondly, university students come from different countries across the world. English is the common language used to communicate and understand each other. Only students who have a good command of English can interact with others well. Moreover, learning English benefits employees from better-paying opportunities internationally. However, Not knowing English can exclude people from some opportunities, such as working in the branch company on aboard or negotiating with foreign colleagues and so forth. Hence, learning English is significant.

Nevertheless, we should attempt to conserve local languages, especially those in danger. Firstly, primary and middle school could offer local languages lessons as compulsory courses. Thus, every student would learn them from a young age and local languages could be passed down from generation to generation. In addition, governments could allocate money to produce TV shows and films to publicise local languages and relevant culture. For example, creating a TV show to teach people local languages in a friendly and entertaining way, which could engage more people.

In conclusion, a profound knowledge of the English language would benefit people a lot in our globalised world. Nonetheless, the survival of local languages should not be neglected. Therefore, I believe that everyone should study English, while protecting local languages needs to be ensured at the same time.

March 26, 2020 at 10:23 pm

Score: 53.4

Issues:

1. About 30% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 25% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

A Dancing Van Gogh
    March 27, 2020 at 3:02 pm

People today spent a great deal of time studying English while ignoring the local languages, some of which are dying. This does not mean that local languages are dispensable. In my view, learning English and protecting local languages are of both significances.

There are several reasons why I believe it is important for everyone to learn English. Firstly, English provides opportunities, allows people to access knowledge. For instance, the majority of universities in the world teach in English. Students who should provide evidence of proficiency in the English language are able to study there. Secondly, university students come from different countries across the world. English is the common language used to communicate and to understand each other. Only students who have a good command of English can interact with others well. Moreover, learning English benefits employees from better-paying chances internationally. However, Not knowing English can exclude people from some opportunities, such as working in the branch company on aboard or negotiating with foreign people and so forth. Hence, learning English is significant.

Nevertheless, we should attempt to conserve local languages, especially those in danger. Firstly, the primary and middle schools could offer local language lessons as compulsory courses. Thus, every student would learn them from a young age, and local languages could be passed down from generation to generation. In addition, governments could allocate money to produce TV shows and films to publicise local languages and relevant culture. For example, creating a TV show to teach people local languages in a friendly and entertaining way, which could engage more people.

In conclusion, a profound knowledge of the English language would benefit people a lot in our globalised world. Nonetheless, people should not neglect the survival of the local languages. Therefore, I believe that everyone should study English, while protecting local languages needs to be ensured at the same time.

April 1, 2020 at 1:26 am

Score: 56.2

A Dancing Van Gogh
    April 2, 2020 at 3:44 am

People today spend a great deal of time studying English while ignoring the local languages. The phenomenon does not mean that local languages are dispensable. In my view, learning English and protecting local languages are of both significances.

There are several reasons why I believe everyone should learn English. Firstly, English provides opportunities, allows people to access knowledge. For instance, the majority of universities in the world teach in English. Meeting the language requirements, Students can study there. Secondly, university students come from different countries across the world. English is a language used to communicate and to understand each other. Only students who have a good command of English can interact with others well.

Moreover, learning English benefits employees from better-paying chances internationally. However, Not knowing English can exclude people from some opportunities, such as working aboard and negotiating with foreign colleagues. Hence, learning English is significant.

Nevertheless, we should attempt to conserve local languages, especially those in danger. Firstly, primary and middle schools could provide local language lessons as compulsory courses. Thus, every student would learn them from a young age, and languages could pass down from generation to generation. Besides, governments could allocate capital to produce TV shows and films to publicise local languages and culture. For example, recording a TV show to teach people local languages in a friendly and entertaining way.

In conclusion, learning English would benefit people a lot in our globalised world. Nonetheless, people should not neglect the survival of local languages. Therefore, I believe that everyone should study English, while protecting local languages needs to be ensured at the same time.

April 4, 2020 at 12:15 am

Score: 52.7

People today [ absolute statement ]spend a great deal of time studying English while ignoring the [ article error ]local languages. The phenomenon does not mean that local languages are dispensable. In my view, learning English and protecting local languages are of both significances.

There are several reasons why I believe everyone should learn English. Firstly, English provides opportunities, allows[grammatical error  ] people to access knowledge. For instance, the majority of universities in the world teach in English[ logical incompleteness ]. Meeting the language requirements, Students[spelling error  ] can study there[unclear pronoun  ].

Secondly, university students come from different countries across the world.[inappropriate topic sentence  ] English[ inorganic connection/the subject of a sentence should echo the subject/object of the prior sentence ] is a language used[grammatical error  ] to communicate and to understand each other[ confusing ]. [ lacking transitory words ]Only students who have a good command of English can interact with others well.

Moreover, learning English benefits employees from better-paying chances internationally. [ unclear ]However, Not[spelling error  ] knowing English can exclude people from some opportunities, such as working aboard and negotiating with foreign colleagues. Hence, learning English is significant.[ vague ]

Nevertheless, we should attempt to conserve local languages, especially those in danger. Firstly, primary and middle schools could provide local language lessons as compulsory courses. Thus, every student would learn them[unclear pronoun  ] from a young age, and languages could pass down from generation to generation. Besides, governments could allocate capital to produce TV shows and films to publicise local languages and culture. For example, recording a TV show to teach people local languages in a friendly and entertaining way.[grammatical error  ]

In conclusion, learning English would benefit people a lot in our globalised world. Nonetheless, people should not neglect the survival of local languages. Therefore, I believe that everyone should study English, while protecting local languages needs to be ensured at the same time[awkward sentence  ].

A Dancing Van Gogh
    April 4, 2020 at 11:50 am

People today are inclined to spend a great deal of time studying English while ignoring local languages. The phenomenon does not mean that local languages are dispensable. In my view, learning English and protecting local languages are of both significances.

There are several reasons why I believe everyone should learn English. Firstly, English provides opportunities and allows people to access knowledge. For instance, once meeting the language requirements, students can study in the universities. As the majority of universities in the world teach in English. Secondly, English is a language used to communicate and to understand each other on campuses, though students come from different countries across the world. Therefore, only students who have a good command of English can interact with others well.

However, not knowing English can exclude employees from some opportunities, such as working aboard and negotiating with foreign colleagues.

Nevertheless, we should attempt to conserve local languages, especially those in danger. Firstly, primary and middle schools could provide local language lessons as compulsory courses. Thus, every student is obliged to study local languages. Accordingly, local languages could pass down from generation to generation. Besides, governments could allocate capital to produce TV shows and films to publicise local languages and culture. For example, recording a TV show to teach people local languages in a friendly and entertaining way.

In conclusion, learning English would benefit people a lot in our globalised world. Nonetheless, people should not neglect the survival of local languages. Therefore, I believe that everyone should study English as well as protecting local languages at the same time.

April 16, 2020 at 1:28 am

Score: 53.3

Issues:

1. About 15% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

A Dancing Van Gogh
    April 17, 2020 at 7:19 am

People today are inclined to spend a great deal of time studying English instead of local languages. The phenomenon does not mean that local languages are dispensable. In my view, learning English and protecting local languages are of both significances.

There are several reasons why I believe everyone should learn English. Firstly, English provides opportunities and allows people to access knowledge. For instance, once meeting the language requirements, students can study in universities. As the majority of universities in the world teach in English. Secondly, English is a language used to communicate and to understand each other on campuses. Therefore, only students who have a good command of English can interact with others well.

However, not knowing English can exclude employees from some opportunities. As an example, they can not work aboard and negotiate with foreign colleagues on their own.

Nevertheless, we should attempt to conserve local languages, especially those in danger. Local languages are part of tradition and should be taught in school. Primary and middle schools could provide local language lessons as compulsory courses. Thus, every student can study local languages from a young age. Besides, governments could publicise local languages by producing TV shows and films, which would attract more people to study local languages.

As this essay has demonstrated, learning English would benefit people a lot in our globalised world. Nonetheless, local languages are still important for local culture. Hence, I believe that everyone should learn English, while we should preserve local languages in the same manner.

April 22, 2020 at 10:06 pm

Score: 59.2

Final revision

Many Ppeople today are inclined to spend a great deal of time studying English instead of local languages. In my view, The this phenomenon does not mean that local languages are dispensable. In fact, it is my opinion that In my view, learning English and protecting local languages are of both equal significances.

There are several reasons why I believe everyone should learn English. Firstly, English provides opportunities and allows people to access knowledge. For instance, once meeting the English language requirements, students whose mother tongue is not English can study in the United States or UK universities. As the majority of universities in the world teach in English. Secondly, English is a language that students use used to communicate with, and to understand, each other on campuses. Therefore, only students who have acquired a good command of English can interact with others well.

However, not knowing poor English skills can exclude employees from some opportunities. As For an example/As an illustration, they can not one lacking English proficiency would find it very difficult to work aboard and/or negotiate with foreign colleagues on their own.

Nevertheless, we should attempt to conserve local languages, especially those in danger. Since local languages are part of the tradition, and they should be taught as compulsory courses in school, primary and middle schools alike. Primary and middle schools could provide local language lessons as compulsory courses. Thus/As such, every student can study local languages from a young age. Besides, governments could publicize local languages by producing appropriate TV shows and films, which would attract more people to study local languages.

As this essay has demonstratedIn light of my argument noted above, I am of the opinion that learning English would could benefit people a lot significantly in our this globalised world. Nonetheless, Given the cultural implication of local languages, are still important for local culture. Hence, I believe that everyone should learn English, while we should preserve local languages in the same manner addition to augmenting their English proficiency.