Letter of Recommendation for Biomedical Engineering

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. Letter of Recommendation Letter of Recommendation for Biomedical Engineering

• Toni
    University: Sun Yat-sen University
    Nationality: China
    November 23, 2019 at 5:57 am

Letter of Recommendation for Biomedical Engineering

To Whom It May Concern,

My name is Cao, and I am an associate professor of the Department of Biomedical Engineering at Sun Yat-Sen University, China. As the direct-supervisor of Miss. Ding, I worked with her and offered direct guidance to her. She is the very best of students that I tutored. Miss. Ding has several characteristics, such as research-learning ability, plan-oriented and the ability to propose innovative and meaningful research projects independently. All of these qualities indicate that she will become an outstanding researcher.

Firstly, Miss. Ding has the ability to learn research quickly. For example, she finished her first program even though she had to take courses every day in the first semester. That is a cooperation program about tumor therapy, in which she operated the integral animal experiments and relative data analysis. Compared with the jobs did by experienced students, she did a really good job of that project by virtue of her excellent learning ability. This research, named “—” is being reviewed by the Journal of Nano Letters.

Secondly, Miss. Ding is capable of planing and arranging her experiments logically. Her second project of targeted drug delivery during her Master’s program showed this character well. To design the theranostic agent, she raised around fifteen experimental schemes. Her sophisticated experiment notes recorded all method details such as the schema design, preparation of materials and the summary and improvement of each experimental operation. Besides, she listed daily plans and weekly plans of the experiment arrangements exhaustively which helped her finish this project successfully. This research, named “—” has been submitted to the Journal of Small.

Thirdly, Miss. Ding has the ability to propose an innovative and meaningful research idea independently. For instance, the project about a novel theranostic agent TPZ-Pt@MPDA using mesoporous polydopamine (MPDA) encapsulated catalase-like platinum nanoparticles (Pt NPs) and bioreductive prodrug tirapazamine (TPZ) for photoacoustic imaging-guided tumor therapy was proposed by her. The theranostic agent TPZ-Pt@MPDA, proposed by her, could alleviate the hypoxia microenvironment as well as realize the synergetic photothermal and radiotherapy. The most innovative part of this programme is that TPZ-Pt@MPDA could degrade to small fragments in tumor microenvironment and thus the released TPZ could infiltrate into deep tumor further eliminating the hypoxic deep tissue cells. This item advances a new strategy to enhance the therapeutic efficiency of radiotherapy and thus has a clinical application prospect. This project is being done by her independently.

In conclusion, I am delighted to recommend this student since I believe that she has a natural aptitude for her field. Miss. Ding is highly motivated in her research and has the powerful ability of analytical reasoning. She also has a strong work ethic and a sense of creativity that will serve her well in the program and future career. I have every confidence that she will excel in your rigorous doctoral program and it would be greatly appreciated if you would consider her application favorably. Should you require additional information regarding Miss. Ding, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,

Cao

Email: 

November 24, 2019 at 4:55 am

Score: 44.4

Issues:

1. Unprofessional and absurd writing. You need to do a substantive revision of this essay.

Since I don’t provide Letter of Recommendation revision for free, I will highlight a few, not all, of the problems/errors in the first paragraph.

My name is Cao, and I am an Aassociate Pprofessor of in the Department of Biomedical Engineering at Sun Yat-Sen University, China. As the direct-supervisor of Miss/Ms. Ding [ unclear; supervised what?  ] , I worked with her[ in what capacity?  ] and offered direct guidance to her [ what? academics, research, or work?  ]. She is the very best [  in what aspect? ]of the students that I tutored[ be careful using this; it is more convincing to give reasons to prove her academic distinction  ]. Miss/Ms. Ding has several characteristics, such as [ using Such As means there are more characteristics, but you used only Several.  ]research-learning[ unclear  ] ability, plan-oriented[ unclear; plus, it should be a noun here, not an adjective  ] and the ability to propose innovative and meaningful research projects independently[ Unclear and unparallel to the prior two items   ]. All of these qualities indicate that she will become an outstanding researcher. [ No! Readers will disagree unless you prove with concrete evidence.  ]