Letter of Recommendation for Biostatistics

• Clementine Chen
    University: Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine
    Nationality: China
    October 12, 2019 at 1:50 pm

Letter of Recommendation for Biostatistics

Dear Admission Officer,

It’s my pleasure to recommend XXX for her graduate admission in the US. I’ve got to know Xinyue since early 2018 on the recommendation of her Professor XXX. Under my instruction, she participated in the Undergraduate Research Training and Innovation Program, researching on “The inhibitory effect and mechanism of the alkaline extract of pericarp of Citrus reticulate on collagen in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF)”, which also belongs to the NSFC Project that I cooperated with Professor Zhou.

XX is a self-motivated person who is full of enthusiasm in academic study. Although it was the first time she joined in the scientific research work, XX has proved herself with an excellent performance in the process of test index selection, searching literatures, reading papers, and experimental data analysis. She always held a rigorous and serious attitude towards every detail of the research. Encountered with difficulties, she would actively discuss with me to seek for the best solutions.

During the experimental implementation section, she has performed remarkable practical operation ability with a conscientious professional attitude. She could quickly transform the knowledge of Histology, Pharmacology, Cytobiology learnt in the classroom into practical application. In the process of quantitative analysis, XX also demonstrated strong statistical analysis ability. She could skillfully make use of the software tools such like imageJ, Image Lab, and GraphPad Prism, converting the image information into data forms, and applied Excel to deal with the experiment data efficiently. I really admired her intelligence and the firm spirit she demonstrated for scientific research.

Based on above, I strongly recommend XXX to your prominent program. With her solid foundation in the undergraduate study, I believe she will make a better performance in your department. I also deem that your institution will offer her a comprehensive graduate education in the field of Biostatistics. If you have any other questions regarding this letter, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

October 16, 2019 at 2:04 am

Score: 37.7

Suggestions: Each of the sentences needs to be rewritten.

Dear Admission Officer, – inappropriate

It’s my pleasure to recommend XXX for her graduate admission in the US [unclear  ]. I’ve got to know Xinyue since early 2018 on the recommendation of her Professor XXX [  wordy]. Under my instruction [  wrong word], she participated in the Undergraduate Research Training and Innovation Program, researching on “The inhibitory effect and mechanism of the alkaline extract of pericarp of Citrus reticulate on collagen in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF)”, [ grammatical error ]which also belongs to the NSFC Project that I cooperated with Professor Zhou. [unclear  ]

XX is a self-motivated person who is full of enthusiasm in academic study. [  wordy]Although it was the first time she joined in the scientific research work [grammatical error  ], XX has proved herself with an excellent performance in the process of test index selection [ unclear ], searching literatures, reading papers, and experimental data analysis. She always held a rigorous [ inappropriate word ] and serious attitude towards every detail of the research. Encountered with difficulties, [ grammatical error ]she would actively discuss with me to seek for the best solutions [  grammatical error].

During the experimental implementation section, she has performed remarkable practical operation ability with a conscientious professional attitude. She could quickly transform the knowledge of Histology, Pharmacology, Cytobiology learnt in the classroom into practical application. In the process of quantitative analysis, XX also demonstrated strong statistical analysis ability. She could skillfully make use of the software tools such like imageJ, Image Lab, and GraphPad Prism, converting the image information into data forms, and applied Excel to deal with the experiment data efficiently. I really admired her intelligence and the firm spirit she demonstrated for scientific research.

Based on above, I strongly recommend XXX to your prominent program. With her solid foundation in the undergraduate study, I believe she will make a better performance in your department. I also deem that your institution will offer her a comprehensive graduate education in the field of Biostatistics. If you have any other questions regarding this letter, please don’t hesitate to contact me.