Letter of Recommendation for Pharmaceutical Sciences

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. Letter of Recommendation Letter of Recommendation for Pharmaceutical Sciences

• cassieskin
    University: Chongqing University
    Nationality: China
    October 8, 2019 at 1:48 am

Dear Admissions Committee:

This letter is written to offer my vigorous support for Lishan Xu’s application for admission to your university. I believe Lishan will be an outstanding contributor to your school and vibrant community, and I urge you to give her application favorable consideration.

I obtained my PhD degree from Professor Yong Qin’s group at West China School of Pharmacy in Chengdu in 2009. After completion of my PhD training, I worked under the supervision of Weiping Tang at the School of Pharmacy of University of Wisconsin- Madison as a Postdoctoral Associate from 2009 to 2013. During this period, I published articles in Angewandte Chemie and Journal of the American Chemical society both as first and co-authors. Since 2013, I have been teaching at the School of Pharmaceutical Sciences of Chongqing University. My research interests are the total synthesis of natural products, development of new reactions, and medicinal chemistry.

In 2017, I came to know Lishan as one of my former colleague Professor Pei Tang’s lab students. As Professor Tang’s lab and mine shared the same floor, I could effortlessly notice a hardworking student. It is not so surprising to me after I learned that Lishan had demonstrated both exceptional lab skills and enthusiasm when working with other graduate students in the research of Total Synthesis of the Daphniphyllum Alkaloids. She adapted quickly into the lab working environment and completed her tasks with satisfaction. Besides, she was sensitive to research data and strictly followed experimental instructions.

In the fall semester of 2018, I taught Lishan Organic Reactions for Drug Synthesis. In this course, she earned 88%, which is among the three highest grades I gave out. I believe her academic success stems from dedication and consistent efforts. In class, she was a focused and committed student. For instance, when I asked students to predict the result of reaction mechanisms, Lishan could effortlessly give reasonable inference. Unlike some students who are reluctant to express their ideas in class, Lishan was willing to present her thoughts in front of a whole class. The views she put forward also displayed her critical thinking and intellectual talent.

Great story aside, Lishan is a girl with an easy-going personality, optimistic character and excellent communication skills. These are all necessary qualities for building a close relationship with team members. Whenever doing team projects, she would put the team’s interests first and is generous in helping others. I believe that in her future study, she will play a constructive role in your student body and make a contribution to the broader community.

Lishan’s dream is to pursue a graduate study in pharmacology. More critically, she is capable of handling a demanding graduate study in this field. If I can be of any assistance in evaluation Lishan Xu’s candidacy to your program, please do not hesitate to contact me!

Sincerely,

xxx

October 9, 2019 at 5:14 pm

Score: 53

Major issues:

1. Numerous sentences fail to connect with the prior sentence logically (missing connection words);
    2. This Letter of Recommendation is too long to be attractive; reduce it to -350 words;
    3. Wrong choices of a word are abundant. I.E. ‘outstanding contribution’ makes no sense;
    4. Repetition of same/similar concepts. I.E. “your school and vibrant community”; “PhD degree “
    5. Rude. ” I urge you to…”;
    6. There are also many other grammatical, syntactic, logical, and factual issues.

You need to rewrite your Letter of Recommendation.

Regards,

Lin Qiu