Letter of Recommendation for Management

• lr731
    University: Nankai University
    Nationality: Chinese
    October 13, 2019 at 3:11 am

Dear Admissions Committee,

I am writing to offer my unreserved support and recommendation for Rui Liu’s application. I have known Rui for three years and she enrolled in seven classes that I was offering. After careful observation and evaluation on her theoretical as well as practical abilities, I insist that Rui is a young lady with a bright future.

Throughout the courses of her study, Rui showed strong learning ability and enthusiasm for her study. She always sat in the first row and was able to respond to my questions very quickly. She had a strong ability to accept new knowledge, and could quickly integrate the detailed knowledge to form her own knowledge system. As a result of her great effort and impressive study habits, she earned more than 90 in all my seven courses. Apart from that, with the combination of a positive attitude and the belief that she can always improve, she challenged herself with a second major in Business Administration starting from her sophomore year.

In addition, Rui demonstrated academic excellence and independent thinking ability in group discussions, case studies and class presentations. After class, she would reflect on what she had learned in this class. If she had any questions, she would usually find me to actively solve them after class. Moreover, she often helped her classmates to answer their questions and shared her learning skills with them.

Apart from the study, Rui was the monitor of her class. As the class tutor, I witnessed her constant effort in managing the daily affairs of the class. During this process, she showed her leadership, excellent problem-solving and communication skills. She’s an active, outgoing presence in class with a great sense of humour. Her cheerful nature and openness to feedback mean that she’s always learning and growing as a learner, an impressive strength that will continue to serve her well in college and beyond. She is a talented, intelligent student with confidence, strong values, and respect for others to make a huge difference in the world around her.

Based on the talents and abilities I have discussed in this letter, I believe Rui will be a valuable addition to your already outstanding scholarly community, I will appreciate it if you favourably consider her application. Please do not hesitate to contact me should further information be needed.

Sincerely

October 16, 2019 at 2:50 am

Suggestions: Each of the sentences needs to be rewritten. 

Score: 60.3

I am writing to offer my unreserved support and recommendation for Rui Liu’s [inappropriate addressing ] application [ why recommend her application?] . I have known Rui for three years and she enrolled in seven classes that I was offering [ tense problem] . After careful observation [ redundant] and evaluation on[wrong preposition ] her theoretical[ what is theoretical ability? Can you give an example] as well as practical abilities, I insist that Rui is [ grammatical error] a young lady with a bright future[ the admissions panel would find it hard to accept this ] .

Throughout the courses of her study, Rui showed strong learning ability and enthusiasm for her study[redundant ] . She always sat in the first row and was able to respond to my questions very quickly.[ This sentence has been used by numerous students] She had a strong ability to accept new knowledge[ problematic writing] , and could quickly integrate the detailed knowledge to form her own knowledge system[ grammatical error] . As a result of her great effort and impressive [ wrong word] study habits, she earned more than 90 [ what?] in all my seven courses[Taking many courses from one professor suggests the shortage of professors in the department; in other words, this suggests that the university is of low quality ] . Apart from that, with the combination of a positive attitude and the belief that she can always improve, she challenged herself with a second major in Business Administration starting from her sophomore year.

In addition, Rui demonstrated academic excellence and independent thinking ability in group discussions, case studies and class presentations. After class, she would reflect on what she had learned in this class. If she had any questions, she would usually find me to actively solve them after class. Moreover, she often helped her classmates to answer their questions and shared her learning skills with them.

Apart from the study, Rui was the monitor of her class. As the class tutor, I witnessed her constant effort in managing the daily affairs of the class. During this process, she showed her leadership, excellent problem-solving and communication skills. She’s an active, outgoing presence in class with a great sense of humour. Her cheerful nature and openness to feedback mean that she’s always learning and growing as a learner, an impressive strength that will continue to serve her well in college and beyond. She is a talented, intelligent student with confidence, strong values, and respect for others to make a huge difference in the world around her.

Based on the talents and abilities I have discussed in this letter, I believe Rui will be a valuable addition to your already outstanding scholarly community, I will appreciate it if you favourably consider her application. Please do not hesitate to contact me should further information be needed.