Life today is easier and more comfortable than it was when your grandparents were children. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Life today is easier and more comfortable than it was when your grandparents were children. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• LittleKimber
    University: Beijing Forestey University
    Nationality: 中国
    October 15, 2021 at 5:52 am

Life today is easier and more comfortable than it was when your grandparents were children. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

There is no shortage of debating whether we are living a more enjoyable life than our grandparents did in their childhood or not. I agree that our life is smoother than their youth because of the development of technology. I will explain it in the following essay.

First of all, we do not need to consider food shortage as a problem due to the progress of technology. In the past, the agriculture system was not capable enough to feed so many people in my country, not to mention the case when some disasters happened. Consequently, people had to starve for some time because of the unideal harvest caused by poor weather conditions. For example, my grandparents used to live in a small town working as a farmer. In one year, there was heavy rain continuing for the whole mouth. As a result, the crops were flooded, which means my grandparents could not harvest anything. In that circumstance, they had to go outside to search for help. It is the advancement of agriculture technology to enable me to get rid of being starved.

Secondly,  newly developed technology makes our life more convenient than my grandparents’ childhood. Things like smartphones, the internet, high-speed trains, and so on, deeply change our way of life and save us a lot of time. This is best exemplified by my personal experience. I can get to know what happened around the world immediately just by clicking on my smartphone and opening the news app. What’s more, I can travel across provinces to view a great variety of scenic spots with the help of high-speed trains. In contrast, my grandparents could not have a chance to enjoy these inventions. They had to ride a bike for hours to go to school, and could never know what happened even in the country.

In conclusion, I strongly believe that our lives today are much easier and comfortable than our grandparents’ children ages is because the development of agriculture and the advancement of technology that influence our daily life.

October 15, 2021 at 11:01 am

There is no shortage of debating whether (simplify) we are living a more enjoyable life than our grandparents did in their childhood or not (delete). I agree that our life is smoother (word choice error) than their youth because of the development of technology (simplify). I will explain it in the following essay (delete. instead provide some short reasoning why you agree).

First of all, we do not need to consider food shortage as a problem due to the progress of technology. In the past, the agriculture system was not capable enough to feed so many people in my country, not to mention the case when some disasters happened. Consequently, people had to starve for some time because of the unideal harvest caused by poor weather conditions. For example, my grandparents used to live in a small town working as a farmer. In one year, there was heavy rain continuing for the whole mouth. As a result, the crops were flooded, which means my grandparents could not harvest anything. In that circumstance, they had to go outside to search for help. It is the advancement of agriculture technology to enable me to get rid of being starved.

Secondly,  newly developed technology makes our life more convenient than my grandparents’ childhood. Things like smartphones, the internet, high-speed trains, and so on, deeply change our way of life and save us a lot of time. This is best exemplified by my personal experience. I can get to know what happened around the world immediately just by clicking on my smartphone and opening the news app. What’s more, I can travel across provinces to view a great variety of scenic spots with the help of high-speed trains. In contrast, my grandparents could not have a chance to enjoy these inventions. They had to ride a bike for hours to go to school, and could never know what happened even in the country.

In conclusion, I strongly believe that our lives today are much easier and comfortable than our grandparents’ children ages is because the development of agriculture and the advancement of technology that influence our daily life.

October 17, 2021 at 1:00 am

Partial Revision (please fix similar errors, revise whole essay, and resubmit)