Living in a country where you have to speak a foreign language can cause serious social problems, as well as practical problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Living in a country where you have to speak a foreign language can cause serious social problems, as well as practical problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

University: BeiJing University of Chemical Technology
    Nationality: Chinese
    September 6, 2019 at 7:01 pm

IELTS Writing Topic: Living in a country where you have to speak a foreign language can cause serious social problems, as well as practical problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Some people believe that residing in a nation that speaking a foreign language is in a great necessity will result in serious problems in social and practical aspects. While I agree with this idea I do believe that such circumstance is able to bring some benefits.

There are several reasons why I consent the opinion that living in a country where you have to speak a foreign language will lead to some problems.Firstly, It is likely to be time-consuming when the language you are speaking is not your mother language. For example, I remember it took me an enormous amount of time to complete the assignment when I was studying the business accounting after class, because I could barely understand what the professor had taught us in the class.Secondly, people’s social life can get greatly affected because  they have no idea How to express their thoughts in a appropriate way which causes a consequence that the listeners are unable to comprehend. Finally, I hold an opinion that it can generate negative impacts on socializing. The reason is that the original language we are speaking decides the how we think, which is likely to cause the contradiction when people are communicating,making it difficult to produce an intimate relationship with who speaks another kind of language.

On the other hand, residing in a country it is necessary to speak a foreign languages is able to bring benefits. For instance, it provides a environment where it is perfect for those who have a an immense desire to promote their capacity of this language. Beacuse you are forced to speak using this sort of language  in a variety of situations like shopping, studying, ordering and so on. As a consequence, your spoken ability will get improved.

In conclusion, I do believe that living in a country with the need of speaking a foreign language can  lead to couple problems.

November 20, 2019 at 10:46 pm

Score: 51.6

Most sentences exceed 20 words, so please split or shorten these sentences. Additionally, there is a large number of passive sentences, so convert them into their active counterparts. You also need to shorten your essay to -320 words.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate errors/problems in relation to your essay.

Regards,

Lin Qiu