Maintaining public libraries is a waste of time since computer technology is now replacing their function. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Maintaining public libraries is a waste of time since computer technology is now replacing their function. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

• DingNan
    University: Jilin university
    Nationality: china
    May 19, 2022 at 6:41 am

Maintaining public libraries is a waste of time since computer technology is now replacing their function. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

People sometimes argued about the necessity of public libraries. While some advanced technologies seem to bring us more convenience and benefits than traditional libraries, I still believe that public libraries should be maintained because they have some irreplaceable advantages.

Compared with libraries, computer technology is becoming more and more prevailing thanks to its several advantages. Firstly, smartphones and computers are more portable and people can use them anywhere and anytime once they need to search for some information. Conversly, going to the  library is not so easy and flexible, especially for those who are far from libraries. Secondly, building libraries and purchasing books costs a large amount of money, but developing Internet and computer systems all over the nation seems much cheaper and faster. Thirdly, digital books and magazines can exist permanently whereas paper books can only exist for decades which are not easy to preserve and need to be repurchased after damage. So people tend to think that investing in public libraries is wasteful.

From my perspective, constructing public libraries is important and essential. Becasue it can provide the public with a systematic and comprehensive knowledge platform, unlike the Internet, which information is fragmented. In addtion, because of having a group of professional editors and columnists, published books, magazines and newspapers are able to offer more justiified/ impartial, objective and truthful information  whereas many  online reports are untrue, unreliable and exaggerated. Last but not least, in many remote villages and townships, people do not have access to the Internet and computer, therefore a library is their only way to get in touch with the world. By reading books in the libraries, they can gain/acquire valuable knowledge and expand their horizons.

In conclusion, I totally understand why some people hold the view that there is no need to construct public libraries anymore, but I still strongly insist that libraries should not disappear from our present life.

May 21, 2022 at 3:15 pm

Fix problems suggested on screenshot reviews.

DingNan
    University: Jilin university
    Nationality: china
    May 30, 2022 at 11:53 pm

People sometimes debate the necessity for public libraries. While some advanced technologies seem to bring us more convenience and benefits than traditional libraries, I still believe that public libraries should be maintained because they have some irreplaceable advantages.

Compared with libraries, computer technology is becoming more and more prevailing thanks to its several advantages. Firstly, smartphones and computers are so portable that can be took anywhere and anytime once people need to use it to search for some information. Conversely, going to libraries is not so easy and flexible, especially for those who are far from libraries. Secondly, building libraries and purchasing books costs a large amount of money, but developing Internet and computer systems all over the nation seems much cheaper and faster. Thirdly, digital books and magazines can exist permanently, whereas paper books can only exist for decades which are not easy to preserve and need to be re-purchased after damage. So people tend to think that investing in public libraries is wasteful.

From my perspective, constructing public libraries is important and essential. Because it can provide the public with a systematic and comprehensive knowledge platform, unlike the Internet, which information is fragmented. In addition, because of having a group of professional editors and columnists, published books, magazines and newspapers are able to offer more justified/ impartial, objective and truthful information, whereas many online reports are untrue, unreliable and exaggerated. Last but not least, in many remote villages and townships, people do not have access to the Internet and computers, therefore a library is their only way to get in touch with the world. By reading books in the libraries, they can gain/acquire valuable knowledge and expand their horizons.

In conclusion, I totally understand why some people hold the view that there is no need to construct public libraries anymore, but I still strongly insist that libraries should not disappear from our present life.

May 31, 2022 at 12:46 pm

Please complete the revision of your first essay prior to working on another one.